Wait for it.....

+55!!!!!!!!!!!!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
with wheels like that u would need to down grade ur brakes lol.

subaru's have shocking offset too.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I don't get it LOL someone explain with pictures?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I could be wrong here, but isn't a high offset kind of meaningless without also taking into account the distance from the hub face to the edge of the guard bodywork?

It seems to me that if that distance was small enough, a high offset could still result in pumped fitment. In fact, it would allow for "weaker" offset (ie. widely available) wheels to still be used and have them look good.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah thats the case with mini's and lots of little euro hatchs. but most cars have similar guard clearance. either way, rims with weak specs should be sold very cheap.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
I could be wrong here, but isn't a high offset kind of meaningless without also taking into account the distance from the hub face to the edge of the guard bodywork?

It seems to me that if that distance was small enough, a high offset could still result in pumped fitment. In fact, it would allow for "weaker" offset (ie. widely available) wheels to still be used and have them look good.

yup, thats why a S2000 can look nearly hellaflush with a 9"+35 compared to a 9"-15 or something ludacris like that on a nissan or ae86

G

Unregistered
yup, thats why a S2000 can look nearly hellaflush with a 9"+35 compared to a 9"-15 or something ludacris like that on a nissan or ae86

To me this just means you can get more tyre under the standard guard (or even more if your prepared to roll it a little), which is never a bad thing.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Only if you like dish. I don't like massive amounts of dish at all, anything more than 50mm just looks a bit silly! I'd prefer concave spokes over dish.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Only if you like dish. I don't like massive amounts of dish at all, anything more than 50mm just looks a bit silly! I'd prefer concave spokes over dish.

I agree Brad 50mm of dish is plenty.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Ludecrs - he's an ex prelude owner and regular on prelude australia. My fav s2k in the country.

Current setup
010a-1.jpg

post-615-1258882176557312644.jpg

post-615-12588820191279087563.jpg

IMG_1214copy.jpg

Ready to be fitted
003a-2.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
ahhh yup, i know that one, real nice s2k. there are a lot of OG parts on that

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback

Lovin the term hellaflush. Gotta lobby the Oxford English Dictionary mob to add it to their next Dictionary.:D

Top Bottom