Dan's first love (and headache)

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Seems like love and headaches come hand in hand yeh? Came time to sell my old alfa. was a 1981 sud sprint veloce, 1.5 litre flat 4, sounded better than the legnum when it had stock exhaust:p.
Alfas have always been in the family, grew up with 2000 and 1750 gtv's so when i got my license i went out and bought one of my own. I wont begin to list the issues i had with it, its kinda long! Lets just say i learnt a lot about engines and how they work.

Thought i'd share a quick few snaps. I know theres a lot of japanese love in this site, dont blame me for liking italian!

Alfasmall.jpg

Alfa_2small.jpg

Alfa_4small.jpg

Alfa_9small.jpg

G

Unregistered
Looks like a great little car, would be a shame to see something like that go, in the sense of though it caused a few headaches I bet you still have a soft spot for it?

Reminds me of the Top Gear cheap Alfa challenge though :D

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
haha once was enough, it probably will be yeh. although i can definately see myself owning a gtv, alfetta or gtv6 or something down the track.
yeh got a huge soft spot for it, especially being my first car. would of loved to keep it but i'd wake up:

Hmm legnum or alfa
Legnum

Which car gets garage
Legnum

Which car will most likely get me home today
Legnum

G

Unregistered
Ahh, but which one will put a bigger smile on your face?

Hmm, probably the Legnum :D

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
For an '81 vehicle that thing has some really sweet styling, I've almost fallen in love with it just looking at it...but thats the thing about Alfas, they look amazing but are so damn unreliable. There is no doubting that Japanese cars on a whole are a damn sight more mechanically tough, going to work in a Alfa is always a bit of a gamble :p

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Cool car. And as a plus, looks like you don't need to use a jack to change the oil.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Cool car. And as a plus, looks like you don't need to use a jack to change the oil.

nah didnt need a jack to change oil. or the fuel pump. or the fuel filter. or the clutch master, clutch slave, accelerator cable when it pulled out of the rubber stopper, the spark plugs when they were frying themselves every 50kms, the radiator and radiator fan, the batteries, the random piece of wiring that wasnt necessary for anything yet was shorting out and wouldnt give me any spark.
omg the list goes on. when i look at it like that i dont miss it quite so much :p

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Oh noes... you put an Alfa near the sea... it's all over now *sobs*

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Oh noes... you put an Alfa near the sea... it's all over now *sobs*

gotta love the fifth gear quote, "It's called the alfa sud (pronounced it sud not sood) because, like a soap sud, its water soluble."

Top Bottom