different types of lifters

G

Unregistered
i rang mitsubishi the other day in regards to new lifters

24 lifters in the engine
$72 a lifter!!!!!
= $1728

now, is it possible to get non genuine lifters out of say a magna or lancer that would do the trick, because there is no way im spending $1728 to stop a ticking sound :p

Andy

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
$278 @ MEEK not long ago... they were on offer at this stage, but can not hurt to ask them for a price. Install will set you back a few $$$ too ;-)

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Is meek the only one who sells them and are they the OEM ones or an aftermarket brand? Would they be as prone to ticking as the OEM ones or a lot less likely to tick?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I had my lifters done at MEEK when I had Grandpa & they were fine for the 90,000kms I did afterwards.

They are listed as aftermarket on their website.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Has anyone measured / compared the different lifter heights, Meek vs Genuine vs other?

marc mtp

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
marc
Drive
legnum
Changed mine myself 2 months ago just under $250 with postage from meek.They looked exact the same as the ones I pulled out just not seized could not compress one of them against the bench.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
We sell the same brand as meek. They're the same length but bigger oil galleries for less likely tick

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
And correct me if I'm wrong, larger diameter holes for the oil inlet/outlets?

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
The replacement / current Mitsubishi part now has a 3mm hole as I understand

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
The replacement / current Mitsubishi part now has a 3mm hole as I understand

I have heard that the genuine newer style has the 3mm hole long time ago.

Also i brought a half-cut of a 6A12TT about 3yrs ago and that engine ended up having the 3mm hole of the lifters when i opened it up (The half-cut was imported from Jap) and took everything off to be cleaned.

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
I replaced mine myself and bought the set from meek. Couldnt be happier and they were exactly the same. When i say exactly the same I mean identical. Straight swap over and no tick anymore. Even on freezing cold mornings when the car has been sitting for a few weeks. Took my time and did it over one weekend. not too hard, just time consuming

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
what I've noticed with the lifters and rockers..

1. lifters used by Mitsubishi varies.. ones I pulled out of Paulie's '98 Black vr4 seems to have 3mm and straight hole.. where as Sam's PFL had tapered/flattened top..

2. I've seen 2 types of rockers - 1. cast and 2. sheet metal folded and spot welded..

most cars I've opened up had the cast ones but yesterday when I changed Rick's rocker cover gaskets, I noticed that his were different as I had shown another member how to remove and replace the lifters

Top Bottom