Does your car make this Buzzing sound?

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Please have a listen next time you drive and reply here:

Only for those running higher than factory boost.

put drivers window down a bit.

3rd gear or higher is best - now floor it...

Listen carefully when engine is under full load and boost is over 7-8 psi. (ideally 10- 14psi)

Do you get a buzzing sound coming from the engine? like a rattling camchain, or pinging type sound.. (I know they have no camchain!)

ive had 2 other drivers report a similar sound and no one knows what it is, i want to see how common this is (if at all)

see this thread if you want bit more background http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5436

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I have it in the white car, but its VERY hard to notice..... Dunno what it is though. I don't get it on low boost, just on high. Sounds like its in the back of the exhaust on my car :confused:

Differences - Blue car is auto, and has a stock exhaust and the white car is manual with aftermarket exhaust. Chris (um318r) gets the same thing in his manual with aftermarket exhaust on 13PSI too

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
i thought that, but i unplugged the solenoid and replaced with a manual bleed valve - no difference to the sound

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
yeah... its driving me mental! Probably should just turn up the stereo....

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I"ve stopped worrying about it!

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Once i get on the dyno i can get my head under the bonnet and locate it , but in the meantime im still interested to find any others with the same noise... anyone????

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
Thanks dawso, noted....

Top Bottom