Car Alarm Vortex 3200-J. Anyone have one or know someone who does?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
It's supposed to have remote start. I can't figure it out. I had a mate who had a similar alarm have a go with no luck. Tried every two button combo on the remote we could....

Any ideas? I have the manual but it is in Japanese.

It has some pictures so I will keep trying...

Just a throw in case someone has one.

The remote has a I, II, III, M and S button and looks like a mini mobile phone with an LCD.

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Hugh did you stop to think that the alarm has to be wired correctly to enable it to remote start the car. If those wires are not connected it just ain't gonna work. Most installers wont connect the alarm up for remote start because they're illegal to use in Australia.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
that is correct.

there will be a number of wires that need to be intercepted near ignition and generally 2 relays. I suggest you get a hold of the manual for the alarm

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I have the manual in Japanese... and can't find a translated one :| I'll have to scan the 3 remote start pages and go from there.

My engine bay has a ridiculous amount of extra wiring in it and considering all the miscellaneous bits of alarm stuff in there I would be surprised if it wasn't installed. But your right it might not be.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
most alarm stuff should be under the dash with the exception of the siren.

my alarm has remote start and its all done from under the dash... but i didnt bother setting it up as yet...

it would probably jsut be easier to get a new alarm. least if u use justcar they will want an aus one neway.

Top Bottom