Car Alarm / Remote Central Locking

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Alan, I can almost guarantee it will be the key, and almost certainly just a flat battery :) Undo the little screw, pull out the battery and write down the model code. Then call some electronics places (like Jaycar) to find someone who stocks them. Cost you all of around $3.

If that doesn't fix it, replacement keys can be bought from Mitsubishi Japan - check the Part Numbers Guide. I recommend talking to Ralliart NZ to see if they have stock though, 'cause their prices will probably beat those from Japan atm. Once you have a replacement key it can be synced to the car (up to two keys can be registered with a VR4 at any one time). Personally I got a second key 'cause my original was worn and a little unresponsive - my new key works perfectly with very little pressure required to activate the buttons. And I still have a backup 'just in case' ;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mine didnt come with a remote, but i called up these guys, and they came out to my house and installed a new 3 point immobilizer alarm for me :)

Mates have used them aswell to install kits they'd bought elsewhere too..

http://www.securityinmotion.com.au/

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
In my case, i only have one key and i juct copied the key (not the remote part) and use that. I use the copied key to open and close the doors and to start. just in case i loose the original and one and only key..

I was thinknig the after market keyless entry which will give two remotes. Alan, let me know how you went.

Also Tom, how much did they charged you?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
I got mine for $200. It is a factory immoboliser upgrade. Basically hooked an alarm into the factory system so it works of the lock/unlock on my stock key. The only thing I can't do is auto windows up as holding down lock is also the panic alarm, lol

G

Unregistered
I highly rcomend staying away from factory outdated alarms but each to their own.There are plenty of good alarms on ebay that will give you heaps of features I love that I can start my car from the hallway espeially when its snowing outside.
I walk to the car and its warmed up. Better on the motor and gear box.
Also everytime I close the car all windows wind up by themselves and I have a vibrate pager on the remote for when shhiitt happens.
Much better option but each to their own.

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
thanks guys :) i still haven't decided which way i'm going to go, but i'll keep you posted :)

ConnerS

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
02 Legnum type S
98 Lancer Evo 5 GSR
I highly rcomend staying away from factory outdated alarms.

Hey guys doing abit of thread digging here as I'm after an alarm/immobiliser. My previous Legnum had a factory alarm upgrade with immobiliser and I liked it because I didn't have some big remote hanging off my keys. My questions is why would it be wise to steer away from these? They do the job don't they? Heres the link to my old alarm:
http://www.dynamco.com.au/products_preview.php?model=P485

Is there any reason I shouldn't get this again? Also I was under the impression that an immobiliser had to be installed during compliance but the only work those lazy bludgers did was stamp my VIN.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I highly rcomend staying away from factory outdated alarms but each to their own.There are plenty of good alarms on ebay that will give you heaps of features I love that I can start my car from the hallway espeially when its snowing outside.
Also everytime I close the car all windows wind up by themselves and I have a vibrate pager on the remote for when shhiitt happens.

What alarm u using mate?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco

Haha thats waesome... i want an alarm that starts the car for me!

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
There a quite a few in the market..just search for SPY alarm on ebay and you'll find lot and from as cheap as $50ish..but how good are they, thats the question?

Steve_1

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Stephen
Drive
VR4 Galant
If that doesn't fix it, replacement keys can be bought from Mitsubishi Japan - check the Part Numbers Guide. I recommend talking to Ralliart NZ to see if they have stock though, 'cause their prices will probably beat those from Japan atm. Once you have a replacement key it can be synced to the car (up to two keys can be registered with a VR4 at any one time). Personally I got a second key 'cause my original was worn and a little unresponsive - my new key works perfectly with very little pressure required to activate the buttons. And I still have a backup 'just in case' ;)

I know this is a major topic bumping, however since currently I cannot post new threads in general for some strange reason, I will reply in this thread with my query.

With regards to the quoted post above, I also have a dud key that I wish to replace. The key itself works fine to open the doors & the central locking works, it's just that the buttons have given up the ghost long ago. So there's no remote central locking.
It's likely I can source another OEM key from Mitsi Japan easy enough, but what I want to know is how you can programme the key transponders to my particular VR4.
Can anyone help me out with this? Much appreciated. :D

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Membership is cheap and helps keep this place going. Worth every cent in my opinion.

Steve_1

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Stephen
Drive
VR4 Galant
*sigh*

I appreciate the responses guys, I really do, but seriously....

Yes I've already tried changing the battery. It's the first thing I tried straight off the bat. Sorry I didn't clarify this basic procedure in my original post.

And i'm more than happy to chuck in some $$ as a donation, and will be doing so once I can sort out my technical difficulties with paypal. However in the meantime I was led to believe from the forum stickies that you cannot post new threads only in the classifieds section as this will discourage people only coming here to sell their crap & leave. This I can understand.
But I can't understand why you'd restrict new members from posting threads in a general board, where's there's nothing to buy/sell.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
You should be able to post in the general section I think. Im pretty sure other "User" can.

Steve_1

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Stephen
Drive
VR4 Galant
Yeah well you'd figure as such, but for some reason I cannot. Hence why I thought i'd bump up an older thread that was relevant instead.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I believe there is a guide to syncing keys in the members only section, time to become a member

Steve_1

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Stephen
Drive
VR4 Galant
Alrightly, it's done.
$10 paid & i'm now a member for 12 months.... it's even already updated my profile - sweet! :cool:

Top Bottom