Real world car alarm differences

Chris Rogers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris Rogers
Drive
wagon
I just got myself a steelmate 2 way with microwave sensor and li-ion rechargeable remote that tells you whats going on with your car from the remote.

Steelmate brand, on clearance at the local Jaycar, $100 down from $260.

still working out how the crap to wire it all though.

if you can get it set up well then that will be as good as any viper alarm around.

I am an autowatch dealer and have been for years. built some fairly serious security systems around the 446 and 457.(446P)

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
if you can get it set up well then that will be as good as any viper alarm around.

I am an autowatch dealer and have been for years. built some fairly serious security systems around the 446 and 457.(446P)

Awesome, I've got it nearly done now, its a big job. The remote central locking is awesome, the range on my factory key is crap unless you stick your tongue out just right there's no point having a button at all.

This thing tells you whether or not you have locked the car, informs you whats going on with it (ie shocks or microwave sensor for movement around the car) and gives a discrete beep and a couple of indicator flashes if people move around too close to it for more than a few seconds. straight line of site range claims 5 km, I get reception on the remote from my flat, and I have to park a block away.

There's still 2 left there at that clearance price if anyone in Sydney is serious about keeping their car safe. I can also give a bit of a hand with putting it in after doing mine.

Can't believe that this thing has so many features, coupled with the shock activated parking camera, it makes me feel a hell of a lot more secure with further modding.

I even get reception from my office at work :).

Top Bottom