VR-4 vs Skyline in the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Or should we ask about the grip strength of the hands of the dudes driving them...? :wanker:

:ROFLMAO:

Well Skyline drivers would have a hard time holding the wheel... what with the wanker's cramp afflicting them all :tongue_smilie:

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
damn 10 pages and still nothing has really been achieved. i keep seeing the same arguments repeated over and over.

basically;

Bruce keeps quoting figures and times pulled from who knows where. i agree, on paper a vr4 should have no problem handing many skylines their ass on a platter. but theory vs practice/real world often holds surprising and contradicting results. you cant believe everything u see on paper and take it at face value, even factory figures by manufactures are estimates. even cars dead stock built at the same time of the same specs can have unexpected varying figures.

Tim keeps trying to enforce the 'in the real world' approach when comparing the cars. which i believe is a good attitude to have. no matter what figures you are given or what u have heard, never think cars are predictable. theres so many variables that can give a result for either car.

yes, a vr4 is quicker off the line, i dont think anyone is arguing that point. but thats one aspect of this comparison. i mean look at skyline brakes vs ours, they win hands down. so theres a win for the skylines meaning they can brake much later than our cars. again, its all subjective and never think u know it all coz someone has quoted a few figures.

both cars are very evenly matched, so if anyone states one is clearly better than the other, they are biased.

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
So at the end of the day we're all biased :D

Good, I like wiping the floor with skylines, esp on the hill runs ;)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
wow look at the immaturity towards skyline drivers.

i dont see where this is coming from, seeing people who buy skylines truely want a performance car and arnt usually buying it to be a cock smoker (unless talking about 33 drivers). i can see the negativity towards commo and wrx drivers who think their cars are middle classed ferrari's and they substitue this for their lack of driving ability.

but generally skyline drivers (particularly gtr drivers) are buying the car coz they have a passion for performance cars.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Some may say Skyline or Silvia owners for that matter, are smart. They are great cars with what seems like endless aftermarket bolt on bits available, a lot cheaper than bits for our cars anywho.

So i am not sure either what all this wanker business is about.

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
Don't know what it's like over there, but there are so many skylines on the street here it's not funny, and most of them are shitters, the drivers are idiots who think their non turbo skyline should be able to beat anything on the street. They are usually the ones doing skids on the street, causing the public and the police to dislike anyone with a performance car.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah but it's a bit silly to define all Skyline drivers by the few idiots on the scene. Always gunna be a few bad apples in a bunch, not like all VR-4 drivers are perfect.

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
Granted, but still, there are more people with skylines, silvias, cefiros, even honda's out there causing havoc on the roads.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Commodores. Falcons etc cause havoc also. You could give the:wanker: title to them too.

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
Not here really..... Commodores, Falcons etc, aren't usually used for that

MooIsTaken

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jordan
Drive
'99 Galant SeriesII Type V
It's more likely that you're going to come across a wanker in a commodore simply because there are so many commodores around here.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Some may say Skyline or Silvia owners for that matter, are smart. They are great cars with what seems like endless aftermarket bolt on bits available, a lot cheaper than bits for our cars anywho.

So i am not sure either what all this wanker business is about.

There's a real air of superiority that seems to be seeping in here. Maybe some guys are just doing it as a joke, but there seems to be a lot of "we're better than everyone else" going on.

Unsurprisingly, we're not.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Don't know what it's like over there, but there are so many skylines on the street here it's not funny, and most of them are shitters, the drivers are idiots who think their non turbo skyline should be able to beat anything on the street. They are usually the ones doing skids on the street, causing the public and the police to dislike anyone with a performance car.

Sounds like your talking about Canberra :lol:. Seriously though, Its always the same with everything the few giving the majorty a bad name. I dont have anything against skyline owners at all. Just the idiot ones who actually are wankers. ;)

Goku

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Kayne
Drive
1994 Galant VR-4
2000 Legnum VR-4
I dunno, one of my mates got a skyline and he was a real wanker on the roads after he got it, but normally he's a good guy.... so yea, maybe it's a virus :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom