Dilemma: Buy a Legnum or keep the R32 Skyline?

bonecracker

Idling at the Lights
First Name
steve
Drive
vr4 legnum
umm i must line them both up the skyline has a high flowed turbo holds 15psi to redline it does pull hard up top,the legnum spikes up to a max of 14 but drops to 12 full noise it has a grunty bottom end and mid range.

bonecracker

Idling at the Lights
First Name
steve
Drive
vr4 legnum
Steve, keep them both- i have....plus a Sil80:D

Seriously though, line your Skyline up against my Leggy (has around 180rwkw haven't had the minceptor properly tuned yet but it'll be very close to that) and i will beat you every time pretty much everywhere.
Don't bother asking the SAU guys what you should do, they'll all say keep the Skyline.

Having had turbo Nissans for a long time, the Leggy is a much more practical car. The Leggy/Galant will cost you more to operate and the parts taek a little longer to get, but overall, the Leggy is more of a businessmans EVO, in a wagon;)

ps a Leggy with around 180-200awkw is similar in pace to a line with ~ 260rwkw and yes i'm speaking from experience
hi jungle legnum does feel more powerful low down but does run abit flat up top have you changed your turbo's ?skyline pulls very hard in the top rev range seems to build power the more you rev it at 160 drop to 4th and you get pushed back in the seat.I will be keeping the legnum it is far more practical and arsom in the wet.what do vr4 go like compared to std turbo falcons any idea's.cheers

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
hi jungle legnum does feel more powerful low down but does run abit flat up top have you changed your turbo's ?skyline pulls very hard in the top rev range seems to build power the more you rev it at 160 drop to 4th and you get pushed back in the seat.I will be keeping the legnum it is far more practical and arsom in the wet.what do vr4 go like compared to std turbo falcons any idea's.cheers

Yes, the standard front pipes are very restrictive, if you have a look at RPW's thread on the MADHAV's build you'll see what changing them to 2&3/4 inch will do for you. There is a group buy right now, the pipes arrived monday and would be ready to send out in the few days

The standard Falcadore isn't such a bad thing, but is crying out for some more boost as the turbo in that is barely rasing a sweat. I would suspect it'd be close in a match up a standard coon, but once it was a little damp, you would just watch it disappear from view in the rear vision mirror:ROFLMAO:

No one in Aus has upgraded to larger turbo's, although there are a couple of GT30 and 35 frame single builds underway.

bonecracker

Idling at the Lights
First Name
steve
Drive
vr4 legnum
hybrid turbos

do people hybid (hi flow the standard turbo) on vr4 i did it on my r32 made a big diference to the top end they fitted a much larger compressor wheel and exhaust tubine plus enlarged the wastgate hole.

Top Bottom