Skyline crossover

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
I have a 1997 vr4 galant. Had it since about 2007 and love it.

It is however getting a bit long in the tooth. It has also always had an issue with the stability control that I have never been able to get fixed (I have just pulled the fuse and drive it without it). Might make selling it a problem.

So once again entertaining the idea of a new car.

Was thinking about a caldina. But I think they stopped making them in 2004. I want something more recent than that.

Prefer a hatch or more upright car. Space for the kids, room for gear for holidays, able to put surfboards in the roof etc.

Anyway came across the skyline crossover. Price a smidhe high 30-45k at the moment for ones only a couple of years old. 3.7l v6 normally aspirated. 240kw

Anyone got any reviews or driven one?

My other option would be to pay a vr4 expert to do up my car. Fix the stability control ecu problem, tune the engine etc. obviously would be cheaper than a brand new car.

G

Unregistered
Caldinas were made up to 2007 and come very well specced (Recaros, LSD etc). The major downside of the ST246 models (2002-2007) is that they only came from the factory with a 4-speed auto, however a few manual conversions have been done now. Totally different market segment to the Skyline Crossover though.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I say fix the vr4 and keep the dream alive. Once tuned u will fall back in love again

cowabunga438

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marty
Drive
1997 Galant VR4 and a very old cordia turbo
Thanks

2007 might be recent enough

The problem with keeping my vr4 is the stability control issue. Can't find anyone who can fix it

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Can't you just leave the fuse out and not use it? It was an optional feature anyway.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I'm sure Steve could diagnose

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I have a 1997 vr4 galant. Had it since about 2007 and love it.

It is however getting a bit long in the tooth. It has also always had an issue with the stability control that I have never been able to get fixed (I have just pulled the fuse and drive it without it). Might make selling it a problem.
Easy get a Legnum, some basic mods, get @TME_Steve to tune it and enjoy much much cheaper

Top Bottom