dont no if i got a problem with my vr4 or not

G

Unregistered
g'day oz vr4 .when i purchased my legnum after about 2 weeks i noticed under the whole left hand side of the car's body kit and next 2 there is like some sort of thick oily tacky black substance i have no idea what it could b . my car still drives nicely and i looked around the block and thers no leakage that i can find. any other things i culd look for?
or am i just being paranoid?

illuzian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ant
Drive
98 F/L Legnum VR4
Throw something underneath your car overnight like a cardboard box(collapsed) with glad wrap to see if there actually is a leak of some sort... then if there is get the awesome dudes on here who actually know something(ie not me) to tell you what it is.

I wouldn't worry about it until you know what it is though.

If it's an auto and this is another torque converter seal grrrrr (doesn't sound like it though)

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
The left hand side of the car's body kit? As in, underneath of the car or the actual exterior of the car?
Take a quick photo for us now and post it up please.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Looks like some horrible tar residue you've picked up off the road somewhere. Perhaps some tar and gunk remover could be used, given a good soaking and then washed off with some disposable cloths as not to destroy your nice sponges.

Either way its gone be one shitty job seeing as you'll be doing it lying down :rolleyes:

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Yikes that's nasty...

You should be able to get under the car to see if there's more of that above the skirt - if so, you might want to take the skirt off and clean the whole lot down.

For removal, get yourself some citrus cleaner or spray, you can get it from any supermarket. Use some old rags you don't mind throwing away and don't skimp on the cleaner - you'll need LOTS to break that much gunk down...

G

Unregistered
yeah cheers guys took a bit off time butt i managed to get it of

Top Bottom