Ticking sound, source located but dont know what it is

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
i just tried the heater for the first time since doing this tonight and it works woo!

never had heater previously=1 happier girlfriend

Pickles

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Oscar
Drive
Red legnum, manual, red, moonroof, leather!
Climate control clicking

Howdy all, picked up my Red Legnum PFL last week. Moonroof, beige leather, manual. Yum. Love the car so far.

My main question is regarding the climate control.
If turned on (either auto or non-auto), something behind the dash makes a distinctive click (sounds like a cog clicking on itself, thus threaded)... unless I turn the temperature right to 17 degrees. Can anyone pin-point the mechanical part causing the issue? I can assume it has something to do with the temperate change? Dont know a whole lot so any advice is helpful.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
mine just started doing this yesterday... ones it actually stopped when i turned the AC on but today it didnt matter wat i did to stop it.... i think ill have to pull it apart and see if the same issue if i can this weekend

98 SPORT

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
1996 VR4/Ralliart Colt/v12 XJS
As soon as the place dries out ill pull the panels off and fix mine.I was going to buy a new unit when i got round to it but this is the most cost effective way,good work.

98 SPORT

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Ray
Drive
1996 VR4/Ralliart Colt/v12 XJS
I finally got round to taking mine out today, its only been 7 months.Opened it up and the gears fell out.
But with alcohol and insomnia it is now fixed.Should have done it ages ago.
Wonder how long repair will last.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
5 months later and I finally decided to fix it :) no more clicking now
Was yours the gear? Mine seems to be thermostat and not vent selection related, i think its what tophler was describing with his.

vr4cobra

1 AYC Bar
First Name
T-J
Drive
1996 Galant VR4
yep mine was the gear it controls the temperature. Mine kept sticking on heater and its doing it again now :( old plastic gears are just getting brittle would be good if could get some replacement gear and do it properly

Colonia

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
KENAN
Drive
Legnum SuperVR4
Have the same problem with this ticking noise behind the center console
But i think it is shitty to reach the screws
I decided to check this out this Season
but wait that it is getting a bit warm here
-4 Celsius is too cold to fix this problem

Top Bottom