Drag Racing Night - Who's up?

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Hey Fellas,
Im dieing to get up to Willowbank and see how much my time has improved since last time. So who's up for it?
Its a little hard to organize this early as they only have this months test and tune nights listed on the website. I was thinking 4th or 5th of September because everyone getting tuned by Dave will be ready and dyno day has been pushed back. We will probably do the usual meet at the car wash and then drive out to Willowbank together.
So post up your interest and let us know if the dates do or don't work for you.

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
In!

Edit. Didnt know test n tune existed on a sunday too!

G

Unregistered
I'm taking mine in the TnT at Benaraby at the end of July. Will be my first attempt, not sure what i will run!!! Would love to try willowbank oneday

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
yeah we can move it, let us know whats good for you

maybe it doesn't exist on sunday Don, I'm not sure :p

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Just checked out the website for test n tune nights, how's 31st July sit with everyone? I know its before the tune day, but maybe thats a good thing. People getting tuned can get a before tune run and go back after their tune to see what improvements have been made.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
could be,

will be a lot of driving for me that day...i hav a V8 supercar drive that day too :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I'd love to come again (that's what she said) but I probably won't have any money until mid August. Stupid property market.. I never want to sell a house again :/

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ok so 31st it is.
Heres a little info for those that haven't been before.
It cost $40 if you want to race and that also gets a spectator in with you. $20 for all other adult spectators. You need a helmet, an open face one is fine and can be found in motorbike shops for around $60. You have to wear shoes, long pants and long sleeve shirt. Other then that its simple as, show up in your car, wait your turn and then drive it in a straight line for 400m :) Its just a bit of fun and you don't need to be a race car driver.
We will be meeting up at the freedom car wash that is on Logan road in Eight Mile Plains at 3:30, try to leave there by 4:00 and arrive at Willowbank Raceway sometime after 4:30 when it opens. If anyone is coming from north of Brisbane you might prefer to meet us at Willowbank. Finishing time is whenever you have had enough and need to get home, as some of us will probably have a long drive home and need to leave earlier. With any luck it wont be busy and runs will be quick.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I can come, but will be spectating only.

Do you have a spare seat Chris?

Top Bottom