Dyno Day - 19th November 2011 (GWW)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Its been over 12 months since the last S-OZVR4 dyno day, just wondering if its time to organise another?

Has this been long enough for people to add new parts, get tunes etc to change their giggawatts figures? I know im keen to see what power i have now

How does mid-late november suit? Suggestions for where to have it??

open to ideas....

BB

EDIT: FINAL DETAILS

DATE: 19th NOVEMBER 2011

PLACE: GRAHAM WEST WORKSHOP, 668 Marion Rd, Park Holme

TIME: ARRIVE 8:15 for 8:30 kick off. With 15 cars, should be all done by around lunch time.

COST: $50 (for AWD)

Other details:

-To pre-register, Contact Lynette on 8277 5688 and say you are registering for the OZVR4 dyno day on the 19th of Nov

-BBQ facilities are available, so i was thinking of perhaps a bit of a fundraising breakfast for the club - bacon and eggs, iced coffees, and some soft drinks etc for later in the morning. Im happy to organise and charge a flat price (say $10), which would be a little bit inflated but once costs are covered, I would pass the extra $$ onto OZVR4. Would people think of this???

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Yeah I missed the previous one so I've still never had my car dynoed...Any time is good for me really haha.

I SHOULD have my car ready to go within the next month or so. Got an annoying CEL that won't go away that Jon reckons is thanks to a faulty AFM or AFM plug, doesn't seem to be affecting the car's performance though. Just needa get my AVC-R in and then get hold of Lee for a tune and should be right to go!

As for location, Graham West is right near my house as you know so no complaints about that. I'm easy though.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I'm not big on the idea of Dyno Day's but I'll come have a look and chat. I was quite impressed with Willall Racings AWD dyno down in Wingfield. Another option is SKR, but is not set up to have lots of cars in and out.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I'm keen :D

From looking into it last time, SKR weren't really interested due to usually busy workin on cars saturdays as it was. Willal were OK but costly. GW was best price, were good last time (helped people with advice/issues) and for consistency for those who want to see improvement it would be best to go back there IMO. Although most mainline Dynos are similar, it would be good to see improvements on the same dyno.

So - my 2c is GW, and yep, Mid november is perfect for me

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I'm keen! Would be good to get a baseline graph seeing as the car is basically stock.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
skr is skr - so no. GW is also very close to my place, so sounds like thats decided

Was there a min. number of cars last time?

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
I think it was 10 cars minimum so we joined with the pulsar guys. I'm keen I should have the galant back and november gives me time to flash and tune the ecu.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Cool beans! Well that's what... 7 so far? Not including Jon although I reckon he could be coaxed into chucking his car on the dyno anyway :p
I think we could crack 10 with no Pulsars this time, or if we're struggling could bring friends to make numbers I guess.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
I am waiting on an intercooler and have some other bits to fit before a tune, not sure it will all get done before this date.

what did cost work out at last time around out of interest?

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
$50 per car from memory - and it would be good idea for you to have a baseline before modifications go on if nothing else ;)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
^ That! Just save up the parts until you've got them all ready to go, then if you can get them in before the dyno day, do it :p or if you haven't got it all in time, just dyno to get a base figure so you can feel like a winner when it goes up the next time :D

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
what Tom said

Surely we can get at least 10 cars these days?? Otherwise we could throw open the offer to our volvo driving friends?

Ill try and call up GW next week and see what dates are available and report back

G

Unregistered
The PGASA Dyno Day- 21/4/2012..

Hey guys,

Long time no speak.

Lee spoke to me the other day about your proposed dyno day.
We've got one proposed for early next year (still a reasonable way, away) - So wether you want to amalgamate this one or not, or join in with us next year again or not - Up to you guys.

Last years was an alright success, it was a good mingling day.
This year we've actually got a substantial amount of interest, so at this stage - We've decided not to extend the hand to many of the other club's, as we have done in previous years.. But we thought seeing as we had a good run with you guys last year, we'd extend the hand to you.. :)

Anyway, so here's the details:

Once again, we're going to host another PGA Dyno Day!

There seems to be quite a number of people that are interested, and with new modifications/purchases - So I've made the decision to go ahead, and it sounds like it's going to be a good day already!

At this point, we are going at it alone, but we may once again be teaming up with another club, such as SAU, Rexnet, or OZVR4 - As we've done in previous years.

The details are:

Where: Graham West Workshops - 668 Marion Road, Parkholme.
When: Saturday 21st April, 2012.
Time: 8am Onwards.
Price: $40 - 2WD, $50 - AWD.

To book your spot, simply contact Lynette at GWW on the number below, and request to book a position with the PGA Dyno Day. You'll need to provide your name, number, and a method of payment. They will take a credit card over the phone, cheque via mail, or by cash in person.

Lynette: (08) 8277 5688.

Entries are capped at 35 people.

The thread for this discussion, is here:

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php/94886-The-PGASA-Dyno-Day-21-4-2012..?p=1801024#post1801024

Cheers,
Rick.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Thanks Rick, that presents another option for people, particularly if they plan on doing some mods early in the new year

If people are still keen for an OZvr4 dyno day, GWW can do the 19th of November. They could also do the 3rd of Dec but would prefer not to as they start getting busy then (and stereosonic is on that day)

So, can we get 10 cars down there on the 19th of Nov???

Top Bottom