Earthing kit / Grounding kit

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Sorry i am not very good in this but what does it do? I got it on my car but i have know idea what is it for.

Attachments

• DSC02095.JPG
    DSC02095.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 291
G

Unregistered
they just improve the factory ground. they are made to improve power and ignition, you might see minimal improvements but not much.
you can use 4ga power wire to a splitter box then branch out using 8ga wire, just conect to struts, engine and body as the ralliart diagram shows

G

Unregistered
sorry, forgot to mention you need to connect the wire to your negative battery teminal then go to your earthing points..

G

Unregistered
actually they aren't a waste of time...

often factory earthing is pretty inadequate, especially as they get older and can deteriorate.
ultimately you want your earthing wires to be larger than the power wires, so you can guarantee everything is earthed properly.

with my battery in the boot, i had 2ga running from the battery positive terminal, and 2x 4ga earth leads, however the car will struggle to start if i use anything for even 5 mins without starting the car... upgrading the earths stopped that.

Murph

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
Legnum/4WD TD Hilux/260Z
actually they aren't a waste of time...

often factory earthing is pretty inadequate, especially as they get older and can deteriorate.
ultimately you want your earthing wires to be larger than the power wires, so you can guarantee everything is earthed properly.

with my battery in the boot, i had 2ga running from the battery positive terminal, and 2x 4ga earth leads, however the car will struggle to start if i use anything for even 5 mins without starting the car... upgrading the earths stopped that.

Which earths did you upgrade? Battery to chassis, or engine to chassis?
Your problems will have come about due to the battery move, not inadequate original earthing. If someone with a stock electrical system is having problems, then all they should need to do is clean up the existing earth points. Earthing your motor at six different points with blingy coloured wires is either money wasted, or a patch job.

G

Unregistered
i think its upto the person if they truely think its helping the they shoud go for it.. its realy not that much money for wire and a splitter box, what maybe $20! who cares.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Well, this is what I did last night when I was bored. I don't even know what size the is hehehe. One cable is good for me (for now)

IMG_0826.jpg

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
You would be better off buying some wire and making your own earth leads, would cost you a lot less than buying one of those kits.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
Maybe someone with the skill and tools should start making these and flogging them off to other members:)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
just a reminder guys.. having extra earth/ground cables can also lead to increased electrical noise.. that high pitch sound that goes higher/louder as you rev..

I guess it depends on where you put it, as it's a hit and miss kinda thing..

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
You should be using something simular to this braided cable =)

http://www.swedishtreasures.com/11417.jpg

If you have a battery in the boot, just use one of these,
http://www.swedishtreasures.com/190339.jpg

Goto the throttle cable bolt on the plenum to the fire wall.

I use 2g earth from battery in the boot to a bolt welded in the boot.
Then use a 4g to the Alternator.
4g to the 100amp power fuse in the bonnet fuse box.
(the factory power cable from the battery to here is very thin I think its only 8g cable) So I was pleased when I did this mod.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
Don't mean to revive an old thread, but isn't upgrading the grounds a good thing; especially when you have an audio system. From what I can see, the Galant has a ground wire running from the negative terminal to chassis (behind the battery), which is prone to corrosion and very thin to be honest. The upgrade is very common actually, it's referred to as the big 3.

Top Bottom