EBC Green Stuff

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
OK I did a search and found some stuff on the EBC Green Stuff brake pads..

I'm wanting to replace the pads in the car now to something more decent.. I havent got the cash to do a full brembo upgrade, so pads are my best bet at the moment!

Who can vouch for the Green Stuff to be a great option for the current stock brake pads and such?

Should I go this road? Is it worth my while? :)

Figured you upgrade the speed, gotta upgrade the brakes.. Im only slightly upgrading the speed but I also want to upgrade the braking (but like i said, cant afford big conversions yet!)

Or is there a different option I could go?

I don't know too much about this brake systems thingy!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They are better than stock but not brilliant. Do you even intend to track the car?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I have reds which are great once they warm up but a little scary when stone cold...

I'd say green's are a good choice for mostly street driving.

G

Unregistered
i used red on the fronts and greens on the rear,

the reds didnt take long to get warm,
there sprited street/light track pads IMO.

greens just street

G

Unregistered
I have been running the greens on my car for close to a year, they are great ... I wouldn't recommend running them on the stock disks though. In fact I wouldn't recommend anyone running the stock disks ... they warp very easily.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
ive had greens for about 2 months now and though they may brake a little better,my wheels have never been so dirty,i thought greenstuff pads were supposed to be good for brake dust,and i dont no if ive done something wrong but they screech when im braking very lowly

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I have greens as well, they stop a lot better than the stock pads did, but they are dusty dusty dusty! I'm really glad I have black wheels.... lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha hmm.. Gathering from your replies, generally speaking they'd be ok for my purpose.. Mostly street driving, Track one day in the future but I dont know when..

So yeah, theyd be ok for me.. with the chance of a warping rotor inwhich can happen any time anyway.. but the only main down side is theyre just very dirty pads..? :)

They stop like stock or just a little worse than stock when cold, but are awesome when warm..

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
do you guys wash your wheels at all? How is brake dust a major concern when accounting for pad performance.

G

Unregistered
I haven't noticed any additional brake dust ? infact I thought that they were better ...
Hipsi does have a good point .... who cares ... lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
do you guys wash your wheels at all? How is brake dust a major concern when accounting for pad performance.

LOL my point exactly.. So they all perform well and should be good? just a lil dusty which isnt of much concern for me anyway! .. dont know why itd be a concern hehehe..

but yeah think ill go the EBC Green Stuff :)

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Now you'll have to find a set, our favourite supplier is currently out of stock......

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
James, it might be your stock rotors doing the screeching sound when braking... like every stock mitsubishi rotors.. they warp easily.. also follows the dust and metallic screeching sound.. :)

G

Unregistered
redstuff good when warm, yellow better, reds the best for street i think tho

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit

lol

I just happen to like clean wheels, and it's a pain having to clean my wheels every week.

I like the Greenstuff pads. But if I find two different pads with similar performance and price, I'm going to take the ones that produce less brake dust...

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Seriously, if you were going to track your car, then get it readya bunch of thing not just pads.

The only person i've heard so far in all the time this forum has been operating is Brad in NZ. So for all you wanna-bees, green stuff is a great option for street. It would last probably around 1 lap on the circuit. That said, all your cars are stock so probabyl 2 or 3 before the padal started to go long.

As Hipsi has said, if you want to stop and stop well, then brake dust is a fact of life. If you're concerned about brake dust then have a good look at yourself, your really not serious about stopping.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
you hate brake dust?!

check mine out..

brakdust1.jpg

brakedust2.jpg

as you can see above.. the rim is "supposedly" silver in color but the dust is just thick, also its been about 2 weeks since i last washed it..

I like it dark so i might get it fixed up and powder coated in dark gray soon..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
As Hipsi has said, if you want to stop and stop well, then brake dust is a fact of life. If you're concerned about brake dust then have a good look at yourself, your really not serious about stopping.

I don't think that's quite a fair comment. I will take the brake dust if it means my car stops well. I just get sick of washing my wheels that's all... if stopping well ALWAYS means lots of brake dust, then I'll stop whinging lol

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
if stopping well ALWAYS means lots of brake dust, then I'll stop whinging lol

If you can find a pad that provides better consistant bight than the stock crap, then let me know, i'll be your partner and well make millions

As i said brake dust is a fact of life for good pads.
The least dust i've found so far is RB74's I have then on my 32 and they are better than the greenstuff in every aspect- just not available for VR4

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Brake dust is of no concern to me.. Sure it will be annoying, but I don't generally care..

All I wanted to know is if the EBC Green Stuff pads will be good for me..

I need to change my brake pads soon, and figured if I'm going to be spending money on replacing pads, I may aswell get something fairly decent..

I haven't got the funds right now to spend lots of money on replacing the whole braking system, so pads are a good option for me right now.

EBC Green Stuff looks like it will do a good job on stopping my car better than the pads on it now and other 'general' brake pads, so I think I'll go for them..

Top Bottom