Emissions specs

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
does anyone have access to any emissions specs from the VR4 (grams of CO, HC NOx etc/km)? has anyone ever had one put through one of the emission testing stations?

im just curious to see waht ADR they should comply to...

or does anyone know which Japanese standard they comply to?

im trying to get approval to use a 6a13tt in a ICV but i cant seem to find any emission data to see if its worth even bothering!

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
ist that this forum :p ? and i tried search and couldnt find anything useful (not saying there isnt anything here, but if there is i didnt see it)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Search for brochures. I think I saw some spec like that on them. What is an ICV anyhow?

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
ICV = Individually Constructed Vehicle

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
found a bit of info on club VR4, found some mention of the brochure saying euroII standard, but that wasnt for the VR4, just another model..

found a heap of MOT test results, but i dont think they use the same system (g/km).. im pretty sure they are just a idle engine test.. still ill copy these figures and hopefully they are low enough to be approved.. (i think they accept engine idel tests as an alternative to full standards approval.. anything below 250 for Hc and 2.5% for CO will pass.. and those club VR4 emission results seem to be well below that)

still if anyone has had a emission test done in AUS or knows what standards they are built to/ comply with that would be a great help!

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I know a couple of guys have been emission tested here. Give it a day or two and some serious guru's will drop in.

I have had imaginings of the vr4 drive line shoe horned into some >500kg go-kart type vechile. It would be insane.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
mines proabbly going to be closer to 750kg+.. total chassis weight is around 140kg add bodywork and interior, mounts, aswell as suspension and driveline ..

if you could contact the guys who have had the testing done and see if they could forward it to me that would be great!
cheers!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Gorgath had his car tested for emission and noise I think..

even with stock setup.. you'll fail it cause our car's just naturally run too rich..

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
mine doesnt need to pass the current regulations (luckily), as i have absolutely no doubt it would fail.

it needs to pass ADR 37/01 which stipulates
(g/km)
HC NOx CO

0.26 0.63 2.1

or they will accept an engine idle test with numbers below 250ppm HC and less than 2.5% CO

from the results the club VR4 ppl have posted it should breeze through those numbers (they need to get theirs below 200ppm HC and .5CO)

but still would like some actual data from one thats been tested in AUS that can present to my engineer..

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
mines proabbly going to be closer to 750kg+.. total chassis weight is around 140kg add bodywork and interior, mounts, aswell as suspension and driveline ..

Pics or it didn't happen...

You might want to contact Iron Chef. He may have access to the data if it was needed in the original SEVS approval process.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
i dont have any pics, as its still in the design phase (i dont have approval yet, so why would i build anything)

soon ill start a thread about it, will have some pics of my design so far (just CAD images).. but at this stage im keeping it as vauge as possible incase i need to change the engine/layout ... (which was the main point about this thread, to try to see if i can actually get it approved!)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Sounds super complicated. I promise I'll pretend to understand when you start a thread.

But anyway, I'd be surprised if someone involved in the SEVS approval didn't have the information you're after.

rockit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum
has anyone been able to find any of this info?

Top Bottom