engine covers ?

G

Unregistered
i took mine off today due to it being rather dirty and the paint has faided.
so i was wondering has any one taken theirs off and re painted it and how ti worked out ?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I would like to get one (Un-cracked) painted black with red and silver "twin turbo"

G

Unregistered
i took mine off today due to it being rather dirty and the paint has faided.
so i was wondering has any one taken theirs off and re painted it and how ti worked out ?

I did on my old Vr and it turned out pretty good, just used ordinary Body paint.

enginecover.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

Don

G

Unregistered
did u have any problem with the heat ?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Easy job mate! Clean it, spray it a base colour, tape it off and paint your secondary. Jobs done.

If your not a whiz with a spray can just remember one important thing. Many light coats. MANY MANY light coats! That way, you'll get an awesome finish. Hell, even a little clear over the top wouldn't hurt.

G

Unregistered
i have sanded mine back a tiny amout so its smooth and has no bumps or cracks on the flat parts. but being that close to the engine will the heat effect the paint ?

G

Unregistered
i have sanded mine back a tiny amout so its smooth and has no bumps or cracks on the flat parts. but being that close to the engine will the heat effect the paint ?

I didnt affect mine and that was including a couple of track sessions.

if anything i would guess the heat helps harden the paint...

Try it :)

G

Unregistered
i Q-bonded the back of it where any light cracks so they wouldnt flex open .
going to put a primer down first then my paint colours and a clear over it .
just didnt want to do it all and have it crack and post pics. and have someone else tell me they already did it :p

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Once I work out what colour I'm doing the rocker cover in my Silvia I'm going to do the Galant plastic dealie to match. Probably white with Mazda Copper Red accents.

I had actually considered doing a rising sun design using those colours but it might be too hard for my feeble skills to manage.

G

Unregistered
sanded mine down and put a coat of plastic primer on . then slightly cut into the cracks and then smoothed them out with arodite. have to sand it again so that its flat and then another coat of primer. then looking and two toning it with black and the same blue as my car . or the wrx blue. and yet to decide if im going to make the mitshibishi symbol red or silver

G

Unregistered

sorry for bad pic , had to take images on a phone

G

Unregistered
still stand out . but the good news is!!! they are under the pipe. so they are solid now and u can only see them when the cover is off the car

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
can you get a clearer pic, it looks good but i would like the how the writing came out.

G

Unregistered
can do when i get hold of a camera. there is 3 letters where the pain slightly ran cause i was rushing it . i have a spare engine cover but it has a few more cracks. so if it annoys me ill take my time and do it again

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
or just pull the thing off and get keen and polish intake and paint tappet cover!
IMG_0045.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
they fto cam covers or stock with a spark lead cover?

Top Bottom