engine covers ?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
That does look pretty good, My only problem with the FTO covers is the fact that you can still see all the messy wiring near the intake manifold. It would just annoy me.

khk

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Keith
Drive
VR4, MT & AT
Don, is part of your engine cover in white color? Can white stand dirt???

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Easy fix - get some sleeving/conduit in a texture and colour you like, anything from chromed to black or even clear. Tidy, sleeved cables can actually be a great feature if done right :)

That does look pretty good, My only problem with the FTO covers is the fact that you can still see all the messy wiring near the intake manifold. It would just annoy me.

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
I've got the FTO one on mine at the moment (and no its not some patriotic FTO stance lol) its because my brand spanking new $300 VR4 cover that I had shipped direct from Japan, doesn't fit under the bonnet :sad:

*gets hacksaw out*

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Easy fix - get some sleeving/conduit in a texture and colour you like, anything from chromed to black or even clear. Tidy, sleeved cables can actually be a great feature if done right :)

Very true. I probably should look at redoing it anyway as the stuff that's there is brittle.

User Name

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Tom
Drive
VR4

or do as i did.... stripped the loom and re-run it under the plenum, along with the vacuum lines, etc.

the only thing i had left after putting the FTO cover on was the injector loom, and put some black conduit on it.. looked great. :)

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
somewhere on here there are pics of my engine cover,i used a wrinkle finish paint on it and it came up quite good,doesnt look like a plastic cover anymore

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
IMG_642542069025453.jpeg
carbon fibre skin it yourself. :-P

Top Bottom