Engine Mounts?

G

Unregistered
Hey Peoples,

Just got my Rego done, had to get a workshop to change my oil for warranty purposes, and we found that the rear engine mount is sagged!

Looks a bugger to change...... anybody done there's yet?

And how much for the engine mount?

Sorry, just found a previous thread!!!

Ok, Just Rang Mitsubishi and apparently no one has stock of any of the engine mounts!!!!!! And they reckon they cant get any!!!!!

Anyone know where I can get engine mounts from?????

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
There are 4 mounts in the engine bay, which one(s) are you referring to?

Each has an associated CAPS part number, and they can be ordered from Mitsubishi Japan through your local Mitsi Dealer. The front/centre/lower mount is needed on my car, CAPS# I cant find (doh!) and cost is ~$89+gst from a mitsi dealer with ~4 week delivery from Japan.

G

Unregistered
There are 4 mounts in the engine bay, which one(s) are you referring to?

Each has an associated CAPS part number, and they can be ordered from Mitsubishi Japan through your local Mitsi Dealer. The front/centre/lower mount is needed on my car, CAPS# I cant find (doh!) and cost is ~$89+gst from a mitsi dealer with ~4 week delivery from Japan.

Yeah i found the other thread about engine mounts...
I got the part numbers off that..

Rang Mitsubishi and they wont order them in!!! Mind you, I rang the Local dealer!!!!

Im thinking the front and rear roll stoppers!! as the gear box is hitting the cross member!!!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Steve I've had all four engine mounts off my car, only the rear (LHS, 'cause it's a transverse engine remember ;)) is particularly difficult (and that's not too bad if you have a long enough socket on your breaker bar). The right (closest to firewall) mount is only difficult to get to because you need to take ALL of the plastic intake piping off to get to it. Once you've done that though it's fairly straight forward.

Just make sure you put a jack (and preferably a block of wood) under your engine to take the weight when removing mounts - makes it both easy to pull the mount off AND your engine won't sag and pull attached things that were never designed to take 400kgs hanging off them. The BEST place to put a jack is where the front pipe runs under the engine to attach to the left (front of car) turbo dump. DO NOT put the jack under the sump! It's way too thin. If you don't want to pull the cross-member and front exhaust off, the next-best place would be where the transmission attaches to the block. However this position isn't great unless you're trying to take the weight for the rear (LHS of the vehicle) mount. The other position for the jack is far more central and thus directly under the main weight of the engine.

As for availability, don't talk to a dealership, go straight to the part distributor for your state. If you're not sure who that is call Mitsubishi's head office and they'll be able to provide a contact number :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
Just to add to the above, if you have a block and tackle or an engine hoist, you can use that to keep the engine in place when removing the engine mounts.

Top Bottom