nolathane/prothane engine mounts

G

Unregistered
Where to buy the Eclipse roll stopper part number MR272203 as supplied by Catalan

£69.44 UK pounds from the stealer. Special order from Japan so 2 week wait probably

$74.90 from ebay in the states http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190176583115&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=

I bought my one from here $25.26 + delivery.(I'll check the delivery cost when I get home) A bit more expensive than than the ebay one but they were supposed to confirm delivery cost before posting. Delivery was quick though.
http://mitsupartsdirect.com/index.html

G

Unregistered
also as a side note reading through some eclipse/galant forums
the vibration is more noticeable for those with autos,

and does not affect manuals as much

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
also as a side note reading through some eclipse/galant forums
the vibration is more noticeable for those with autos,

and does not affect manuals as much

good to know :D

also question about the eclipse front roll stopper..

does the auto and manual have any differences?!

G

Unregistered

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Christian, I just received an email reply from fivestar007, which is the seller of the 2nd link. They will only accept payment via Western Union for international customers. That's against Ebay policy and there will be no fallback if anything goes awry. Also, WU transfers cost a shiteload.

I'd look to another seller.

G

Unregistered
Can't be sure that one is the right size either and best to steer clear of with that payment option.

Christian, I just received an email reply from fivestar007, which is the seller of the 2nd link. They will only accept payment via Western Union for international customers. That's against Ebay policy and there will be no fallback if anything goes awry. Also, WU transfers cost a shiteload.

I'd look to another seller.

G

Unregistered
ordered mine today,

ill hunt for a more common front mount we can use,
once the kit arrives.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
from experience.. ebay seller+Western Union=Trouble..

how about the ones from the magna 6G74? wouldn't they fit cause AFAIK, they're the same engine as the 3G V6 eclipse..

G

Unregistered
is there any difference between auto and manual engine mounting? mine is a manual trans...

G

Unregistered
is there any difference between auto and manual engine mounting? mine is a manual trans...

Manual and auto take the same bush though the mount is different between the 2 .Catalan confirmed this in the CVR4 thread

G

Unregistered
peter, it seems the reason why your engine is a bit higher is because the eclipse shell is a little bit higher that the stock engine. Take another look on the comparison picture of stock front engine mount and the eclipse engine mount.

G

Unregistered
peter, it seems the reason why your engine is a bit higher is because the eclipse shell is a little bit higher that the stock engine. Take another look on the comparison picture of stock front engine mount and the eclipse engine mount.

It was the rear roll stopper that raised the engine at the back not the front one. My pics of the 2 on CVR4 show how badly worn my one was before replacement

G

Unregistered
oo okay then saw the picture...

I ordered a set for my self. NOw looking for the eclipse front engine mounting.

thanks peter

G

Unregistered
carsten I am waiting for your how to change engine mounting write up.... =)

G

Unregistered
well been around to a few wreckers today,
and no luck with another option for the front roll stopper,

closest i got was the 92-96 shaped lancer with was the correct width,
but the ID of the mount was 6mm to small.

nothing else has gotten any closer than that.

still going to look into other options,
really dont want to pay $50US shipping for a $30US part,
(around $150-160nzd are the current rate)

i have posted on club3g and TGC to see if anyone can offer me something cheaper

all the reat have gone together fine...

see the guide here how to insert these to stock mounts.....

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=82182

engine.jpg

gearbox.jpg

rear.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Carsten, did you find any Diamante/Magna front roll stoppers?

G

Unregistered
i did, but there casing was a alloy casting, and a but of a weird shape, and used a 3 bolt mounting system, and were much to big.

looked a lancers/mirages/diamante's pretty much any jap import mitsi car from late 80's till now,

the lancer was the closest, but not quite big enough

Top Bottom