Prothane Bushing Kit from Road Race Engineering

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Well I finally have time to let you guys know about this kit, if you don't already. Its not a bad kit at all, each bush is in 2 parts so none of them need to be pressed on, however the originals had to be pressed out. This kit has the 2 bushes for the FLC arm. I read somewhere that someone said this would cause a harsh ride, it doesn't feel harsh at all but I do like to feel the bumps in the road. Overall for $300 delievered its not to bad. I had someone fit them for me as the pulling apart and pressing out is a pain. The car feels alot flatter around corners now which is nice and the ride is firmer but not bad IMO.

Attachments

• sv300001.JPG
    sv300001.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 265

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
It does all the front end except for the sway bar. The rear not 100% sure as there are some I haven't replaced yet due to the fact you nearly need to dismantle the entire rear end to get at some but it should be complete except for the sway bar. It looks like there should be some spares as well.

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
I think its ok, it is firm but you don't rattle your back teeth and it sits flat around corners.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i might get some soon.. since local shops can only supply polyurethane pushings for the outer control arms for the rears which cost $35+ per side..

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Christian I have a few spare bushes if you are down on the Gold Coast one day let me know and you can have a look at whats left. Free ones are better than $35.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Christian I have a few spare bushes if you are down on the Gold Coast one day let me know and you can have a look at whats left. Free ones are better than $35.

thanks.. I'll contact you when im heading south.. just really busy at the moment and cant do much :(

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Scott the backs ones fitted ok, the lower arm is not done as its hard to get out. They are starting to get a bit noisy, also I have now replaced my front upper and lower control arms with new units, as the ball joints were screwed so they are back to rubber for now. I would probably recommend getting new controls arms first before doing these bushes, it has made a huge difference to the car.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Bringing up an old thread, Noisy in what way? Im tossing up between the Energy Suspension kit and the Prothane kit, can you confirm this kit does more than the points in this thread which is using the energy suspension kit? http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2445

Im going to resurrect the other one too :)

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
They squeak and rattle. The rattle is caused from the fact they are hard so its almost metal on metal rattle. The squeak is when the grease wears off if you regrease them again they will be fine.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
How often does it needs to be re-grease?

I wonder if this is the same situation with the Energy Suspension which I have...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
so the Energy Suspension kit has the same squeaking? Also, is it rough as hell or is it not too bad? Looking at buying some today, so please any help would be fantastic :D

Top Bottom