Polyurethane Bushing kit - Hyper Flex System master kit

G

Unregistered
Dam no I really should find where I put that box and get them on.

I'll get onto it within the next few weeks I hope and install the rears.

G

Unregistered
OK finally an update on the rear bushing, they all fit great,
I didn't do them myself though this time I got a suspension place to do them at the same time I got my rackend and tie rod ends replaced.

He said they were a good fit but he had troublr getting some of the bushes out with a 50 tone press so had to cut some out.

G

Unregistered
OK finally an update on the rear bushing, they all fit great,
I didn't do them myself though this time I got a suspension place to do them at the same time I got my rackend and tie rod ends replaced.

He said they were a good fit but he had troublr getting some of the bushes out with a 50 tone press so had to cut some out.

Thanks for the update. Good to know they all fit okay. Remind me - Did you have bushes to replace all the rubber at the rear?

Any difference noted so far in ride and handling?

G

Unregistered
Bump!

Also, anyone doing anything in OZ with the subframe bushings yet?

G

Unregistered
These ones were replace all a direct fit as at first looks I though 3 of them might be a bit short but they are all good.

Rear.jpg

As for handling the car seems to be able to corner at slightly higher speeds without before tyre sqeal starts but the thing is I had these rear ones replace and at the same time my rod and rack ends replace and new wheel alignment with 0 toe up front and -2mm rear toe out.

So all of this has made a great diffenace to handling. Down side a little more noise in the car.

G

Unregistered
Many thanks. Right so at the rear that leaves the toe control arm (which is a floating bush on one end and and a balljoint on the other so not really applicable) and the lower arm. That's pretty cool.

Hopefully soon someone will recognise that there's not yet a 'Total' kit and make one up. :)

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The prothane master set just includes extra bushes for the sway bars by the way. Apart from that it looks to be identical.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Does anyone know if there is some sort of part number for our car from Energy Suspension? I am looking at their ebay store now but I am not sure which one is which...

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Thanks Pete! It appears there are two sellers, upgradeautomotive and energy suspension.

Anyhow, have you installed yours Pete? How are they so far?

G

Unregistered
Thanks Pete! It appears there are two sellers, upgradeautomotive and energy suspension.

Anyhow, have you installed yours Pete? How are they so far?

No they're still in there box. I'm not sure when they'll be done but I have all the spare suspension parts for them to fit to without taking my car off the road. Just too many others things to do

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
any comments on which kit is better..it would be really appreciated as I have to change my bushings soon...I have read both threads and they both have some pros and cons..any other feedback would be great!!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I can now say I still hate urethane, perhaps more so. After seeing Christian lose his wheel combined with a few creaks in mine in my time poor state I had a bit of look over mine and found nothing obvious. Going on a decent trip in it over Easter and I really don't have the time so it went to Heasmans steering today for a once over. the lower control arm bushes are all stuffed and I don't hold out much hope for the upper arms. So I am emailing Ralliart NZ for factory versions of basically all the bushes. While I am at it, I am replacing boots all over the place so can anyone help with part numbers for boots and bushes anywhere that I can get from Mitsubishi Oz? If I can get it all quick I can do it before I go away, so probably the more from here the better.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I can now say I still hate urethane, perhaps more so. After seeing Christian lose his wheel combined with a few creaks in mine in my time poor state I had a bit of look over mine and found nothing obvious. Going on a decent trip in it over Easter and I really don't have the time so it went to Heasmans steering today for a once over. the lower control arm bushes are all stuffed and I don't hold out much hope for the upper arms. So I am emailing Ralliart NZ for factory versions of basically all the bushes. While I am at it, I am replacing boots all over the place so can anyone help with part numbers for boots and bushes anywhere that I can get from Mitsubishi Oz? If I can get it all quick I can do it before I go away, so probably the more from here the better.

screw, mitsu oz.. get it from Fulcrum.. their bushes are alot softer compared to the energy bushing that you have in your car.. also they dont squeak as well..

my biggest concern goes to the ball joint's condition.. are they still good? if not just order a set of control arms from that ebay seller and everyone else here seems to have been happy with them..

Top Bottom