wohoo nice one...

let me know when u got them installed

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Emanuel, good luck with the install, hope you remember what we conversed about last sunday..

try not to replace this bushing.. as obvious it is circled..

lowerfrontcontrolarms.jpg

to some who don't know. (well I dont know it myself too) I read somewhere that if you replace that particular bushing with a polyurethane one.. it'll make your car feel alot more like a rock.. which will make your ride comfort shit..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
oops... stupid me.. it says that the bushing itself is not included in the package.. I think i need sleep...

G

Unregistered
Looking forward to the results on this one! I await with interest!

G

Unregistered
(I have not pulled anyting apart yet so I can not 100% confirm anything untill the job is finished)

Well had a look under the car today, in the first pic I have marked with a red star, the bushes at the front that can be replaced with this kit.

I am going to buy new lower control arms as I want new ball joints and this kit does help the ball joint.
I will press out the new one on the replacment arm and insert the Polyurethane one on the inner end.

The curved lower has no new bushing with this kit so you would have to replace the curved lower arm too, well not really unless you have troubles with it.

Overview.jpg

The rear bushes kit as marked in the next pic.
BUT by the looks of it the rear knuckle bush inserts (x3 on each side) are about 2mm short, so maybe add a washer on each end or just tighten it up so it takes up that 2mm gap.

Rear.jpg

Can someone tell me what this arm in the next pic is? Anyone have a part number for i?, its one of the rear lower arms R/H and L/H.
Mine has a bit of surface rust on it, but then again there is probably nothing wrong with it so it does not need changing?
MyVR4suspensionarms019small.jpg

G

Unregistered
So far so good, all the front bushes fit including the suspension bushes.
Still waiting for the front lower control arms in the mail so can't finish the fronts till they arrive in the mail.
All front bushes fit perfect :D

Will post some pics up when its all done.

As for the rears well thay can wait another few weeks before I try installing them.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Great to hear Emanuel - look forward to seeing some pics of the finished product!

How do you feel about the quality of the product and overall value-for-money?

G

Unregistered
Dose anyone know how to tighten up the upper arm balljoint nut as the thread just keeps on spinning???
Its the only things I have left to do and then the fronts are all done and back togeather.
NewbushesinVR4secondlotofpics107.jpg

G

Unregistered
I jacked the suspension up until is was able to hold the pin without it spinning to tighten the nut

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Few options,

You could potentially remove wheel, and put a jack under the hub carrier and raise it up to put load on the shaft and press the joint into the control armso it will stop turning in the ball joint. (done jack to hard, just apply enough force so it will press the joint together to stop the shaft spinning with in the ball joint) (This is what i did with my lower control arms, same principal and worked a treat)

Other option is carefully life the rubber seal and use vise grips or something to hold the shaft while you tighten the nut. (I wouldnt recommend this however due the risk of scratching/scuffing the ball joint)

Regards,
Brent

G

Unregistered
jack up the suspension till it holds it from spining, easiest way.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
its better done with an impact/rattle gun :) that way you know it'll stick :) if you don't err.. not sure..

have you tried lifting up that rubber cover? from what I can remember from other ball joints.. you can lift it a little and slide in a spanner. i think size is 14mm or 17mm

goodluck Emanuel

Top Bottom