Engine Stuttering Under Load

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
13.5L/100km is what I got from the tank I just finished, would have used a fair bit of fuel during the tuning and while trying to figure this stuttering problem out so it might not be to bad a result. Also with my idle varying between 1.2k and 2.3k rpm fuel is being wasted, if it idles any higher Ill be doing launches just by taking my foot off the brake :)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thats the plan Christian, the backs will be the same as the fronts, so Im gonna get front gaps checked and coil packs cleaned. If gap is correct, Ill drive it with cleaned coil packs and see if problem happens again. If gap is wrong I will get them re gapped, new leads and plug seals etc and go from there.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
You won't use sfa fuel at idle, regardless of how high, so don't worry bout that.

Do what Christian and I said and take out the front three. If my dramas keep up too( which is fine ATM) I will be checking mine.

If you want, we should have a mini meet next weekend and service our coil packs and check plugs.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
That would be good, I was gonna pay to have it done as I wasn't game to do it myself.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
front plugs are easy man, not everything has to come off. just take off the necessary intercooler piping to get the engine cover off and they're right there for you. pull out coilpacks, give them a spray and then take out the plugs

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Done. Message me through the week. Just have to read Dimi's thread on how to service the coil packs

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I will provide the contact cleaner and the special grease if I cant find a shop that stocks it.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Chris, dont bother with those gizmo spray sh!t.. just use a silicon spray.. it works..

a mini meet.. I'm interested :D

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Mini home mechanics day? Christian, you are always more than welcome to come but as me and Chris live like 15 min away from each other, it will be down here (Tweed) you still keen?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
hhmm ok.. I'll go back to my own corner then :p

I'll see if Im up for a drive.. just let me know if and when you guys decide on doing this stuff...

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Don't get me wrong, we would love for you to join us just wouldn't be sure you would be keen to drive nearly 2 hours to get here.

I am free next weekend for one day, it's just up to Chris.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i too hav this problem :S

BKR6EIX gapped at 8.8mm..should i go to 7's?
boost T set to 11ish
hks panel

i think its my coilpacks :( not sure yet

gonna pull codes soon..maybe tonight

ill be keepin an eye on this thread

edit pretty sure i meant 0.8mm but im a tard

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Not yet Dave, I have absolutely no idea where my fuel pressure regulator is :p If someone can point me in the direction of it I have the next 2 days off so I will take a look at it.

Paulie Im running 7s so its probably not going to help anything, most of the other guys running higher boost still have 6s.

Trev my weekend is wide open AFAIK so whatever day is good for you will be fine for me, Ill call you later in the week anyway. Come on down Christian you can take us for a drive, I haven't been in modded and tuned leggy yet :p

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
pauly i think your problem would be the 8.8mm gap :p

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
lol woops, 8.8mm haha what a laugh that'd be

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
The only change I've had is that since the tune is fuel economy has probably improved... but due to increased boost... it has stayed the same.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I'll see if I'm free this weekend.. if I am, I'll be there... so pm me your meet up address..

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Hmm, depending on what day you guys choose, I might come down for a look-see :)

Top Bottom