English Translation CD for MMCS

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
30% Woo hoo. Ill have to have a think about what to set the start up screen as now. Hmmmm....

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Ok so I downloaded it and burnt what i downloaded straight to disc, just came up with that 'put the reset cd in' screen. Do i need some sort of ISO reading/burning thingo or something, or do i need to rename it something else?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
it says it dosnt recognise it. Have you burnt this copy?

G

Unregistered
No it's still downloading at work.

The copies that I played around with worked OK, apart from when I mucked the initial ones up with my hex editing. What's the name of the ISO image you burnt and what's the filesize?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Its all good, used an Virtual drive program to mount the image then just used the copy cd option on nero. MMCS now in english. Thanks alot guys for all your help, now i just have to play with it to change the startup screen ;). Worth the effort people.

G

Unregistered
To burn an ISO direct from Nero, you need go to Copy and Backup > Burn Image to Disc

You can't just burn the ISO file to a data disc, as you have found out.

I just had a look at the English conversion ISO and it's 60 meg smaller than the Japanese one, so I wonder what's missing. It also means that the boot screen image in the file will be at a different address.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hmmmm, could just be that the english translations take up less space than the Jap characters.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hey after disconnecting my battey last night to load the software I took the car for a drive today right, now the first part of the drive was fine, about 25min of highway type driving but when I got into town it stalled everytime i stopped the car.

parked at a shopping center for a while, got back in the car same deal kept stalling everytime I stopped, got back onto the highway 25min later went to stop stalls again.

Then when I finally park it almost died again then started ideling.

Do you think thats the end of my problems or when I take it out tomorrow its going to do the same thing?

G

Unregistered
By resetting the ECU the idle needs time to sort itself out again.

Once you start the car up for the first time after a reset you need to leave it sitting idling for about 15-20mins, and then switch the air-con on and leave it again for another 15-20mins.

Personally I've never left it quite that long and haven't had a problem. If you do have a problem you can just do another reset and try leaving it idling a bit longer next time.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Wow S##T 15 - 20 min, that is a long time how long do you usally leave it?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
5 mins on idle then 5 mins on idle with A/C going sounds more reasonabl. Ok ill reset it tomorrow and then do that.

G

Unregistered
I had a play around with EvoScan's "Speed Adj. Screw Mode" a few nights ago. It forces the ECU into a fast idle learning mode. Seems very handy and no need for a reset.

Fire up EvoScan and activate the mode, the idle will hunt a little and then settle after a few seconds. Flick the air-con on and do the same, and with the auto tranny do it in park & drive. If you are not happy then repeat as necessary.

I got my idle speed down a bit and it's sitting nice and stable.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Nice, think I may have to invest in one of these EvoScan cables/programs.

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Can someone please seed this ISO again? It would be really appreciated if you could send a PM too. Thanks!

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
Really? No one?

I've put down a deposit on a 99 galant today and it has MMCS however the torrents listed in this thread no longer work. Can someone please seed a copy or point me in the right direction?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
If you can wait till I get home I'll burn you a copy and send it to you if you want to pay for the postage. Just PM me.

Top Bottom