I just need 2 more to go then we r there

Cheers

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
How do these compare to the python 872 alarms? If they are reasonably better then I may be interested...

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
88 Astra turbo n 2012 Holden Cruze diesel hatch
The viper 872 is a great alarm as install them too, I just find the Mongoose better value for money and the same amount of features as the viper. The main thing is that Mongoose is in located in Hornsby, so the tech assistance is in this country not overseas.

I've been installing this product for the last 10 or so yrs and the only fault I've had with it is that so installers don't install them to the spec required. Having this exact alarm in my car for the last 3 yrs and has skipped a beat besides the remote battery dieing, and my brother in law not knowing how to use it when he had to move it....... but it does take getting used to as it self immobilises once its turned off, which is 1 of the features that makes it insurance approved.

Hope that helps a lil and if your have any more questions just ask or call me

Cheers Jeff

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I had an M80 in my Skyline (with ultrasonic sensors inside) and it worked well, was reliable as in no false alarms. I don't think anyone tried to break into it though, I guess that's the ultimate test. I had it for around 3 years and the battery was yet to die in my key. I think it is extremely important that you have a quality installer/installation. In Brisbane Chris Rogers / Audio express seems to know what he's doing, in Melbourne I was very happy with Stylyn Car Audio's work.

Thumbs up for the M80 in my book, also look into the addons you can get for it.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Both my legnums have had them fitted. No problems apart from key fob battery going flat in 1.5years

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
Thanks for the support guys and I've been installing alarms for the last 14 yrs and working with Mongoose for the last 10 yrs and had no problems with the after sales service repairs if they are required

luke

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Luke
Drive
datsun 1200, 96 Legnum
Any updates on this, I'm thinking if the number hasn't been reached I'll just buy one singularly. Parents getting sick of car on the lawn lol

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
Not a prob luke I'll sort it all out this week

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
Just cars told me i need to get an immobilizer/alarm installed by december... So i am interested but does anyone know a good auto electrician/alarm installer in Adelaide?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
One of Jon's good mates is an auto electrician and Jon has recommended him to me, I'll probably be taking mine to him.
I think so long as you avoid chain stores and JB hifi type places you should be okay.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
Yeah, my best mate Josh is an Auto Electrician who works at KGB car audio on O.G Road, very neat work, top installs of all things electrical....plus he drives and Evo lol. I get him to do all of my in depth electrical work, and most easy stuff at that. If your keen send me a pm and I can give you his number.

ed84

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddie
Drive
09' Mitsubishi SWB Pajero NT X DiD, Honda CBR250rr
HAD: 99' Legnum s 2 Type S, 98' Galant S2 Type V
Cool, sounds good Jon, i'll be in touch... Now to try and find the M80 GB thread!

leggei007

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeff Stewart
Drive
With every M80 alarm sold will have a wiring schematic attached so it will take even less time to fit the alarm

Top Bottom