EOI: CB Radios for Cruises NSW only

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey guys, after last cruise I thought we should all get radios so I can pound you all with my crap jokes :ROFLMAO:

I can get anything in the following link:

http://www.electusdistribution.com.au/productResults.asp?form=CAT

I, myself, will be getting this one: http://www.electusdistribution.com....D=31&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&SUBCATID=296

But this one would be the best value for money and be excellent for cruises:
http://www.electusdistribution.com....D=31&keywords=&SPECIAL=&form=CAT&SUBCATID=296

I'm yet to find out what the trade price will be, I assume around the less 30% mark.

I'll get more details to you as I get them :) Just thought I'd guage interest for now.

One thing is for sure, due to the fact that my boss has to pay for these up front, I'll need payment first as well. But we can organise that as it becomes more certain of prices, who's buying and stock availability.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Cool top stuff Paul.

I'd be in for one. :bigsmile:

We'd all need wanky callsigns though !

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Ok, I've crunched the numbers and I can get a single unit for the 10+ qty price, which is about less 20% off the RRP of the models listed below:

DC-1060 3 watt hand held $134.95 (RRP $169) Up to 12km range
DC-1045 1.5w hand held $79.95 (RRP $99) Up to 8km range
DC-1025 0.5w hand held $47.90 (RRP $59.95) Up to 5km range

Those prices are for any quantity, ignore the 10+ qty on Jaycar's site.

IMHO the 1.5w offers the best value for money. 0.5w's may get a bit crackly in urban areas, the 3w, if you can afford it, is the bees knees.

Just post up here if you are willing to buy and if you'd like them posted out or will collect. If collecting, I'll bring them to a meet to make it easier.

Also, they're Digitech which are a good, well made item.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'd be interested in the 3w version there Paul.

What kind of range are we talking about here ?

I remember at the cruise to Broke that I had a guy with me with a CB but we couldn't get a hold of anyone as they were out of range for ages coming up through Peats Ridge etc...

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
I've ordered a UHF/ scanner with pre-programmed police frequencies for run, after the last JDCA run through the central coast, the blue mungrels monitor UHF frequencies and sit in waiting ready to spring, they got 3 for +45kph based on what they heard in radio traffic between members....... something to discuss at meeting point----- rules on what we TX to each other if you get my drift

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
What kind of range are we talking about here ?

Good call, I just updated my post with the ranges to keep the info in one post.

Keep in mind they usually rate the range by direct line of sight, so I'd be halving the range for built up areas.

Also a good call Kitty! We need to work that out too.

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
I've ordered a UHF/ scanner with pre-programmed police frequencies for run, after the last JDCA run through the central coast, the blue mungrels monitor UHF frequencies and sit in waiting ready to spring, they got 3 for +45kph based on what they heard in radio traffic between members....... something to discuss at meeting point----- rules on what we TX to each other if you get my drift

Kat, Did you order a mobile or handheld?

I had a digital scanner (Uniden UBCD396t) on the Central Highlands run that did all except encrypted frequencies which Sydney Metro Police use so we won't pick them up. I was getting Gosford/Newcastle area on a recent trip back from Coffs Harbour from as far up as Kempsey (repeaters transmission) which I'll bring along again.

Hey Paul, Is you mate coming again this time? Can't remember his name. Also working on some jokes so that it's a little more balance!?

Agreed on the Wanky Call Signs, Rubber Ducky....10-4.... We're about to put the hammer down........ Smokey's on the loose.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Wayne,
Uniden Single DIN in dash - UH015sx 5watt - 40channel UHF + 60channel scanner (pre loaded) with dual listening circuitry.... ie whatever scanner channel selected will come over the 40channel UHF channel being RX/TX'd on... with twin wireless headset/mic's

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I think I have one at home somewhere.. Little CB radios.. 2 of them.. They were fun for multicar road trips with friends hahaha.. I'll have to see if they still work, good distance.. My mate had one at his house about a block away, and they could pick each other up hahaha..

If i can find them, ill bring them both and let someone else who hasnt got one to use it :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey Paul, Is you mate coming again this time? Can't remember his name. Also working on some jokes so that it's a little more balance!?

Yeah I'll see if he's free to come along :) I'm sure he'll want to. And I'll make sure he dusts off some of the old jokes that are actually funny :p

I'm going to order the 3w version. Is anyone else ready to buy just yet?

Top Bottom