Evo as a daily

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
How do you think a Subaru WRX STI would feel? The 03-05 model.. This model:

subaru_impreza_wrx_sti.jpg

Ride quality and comfort, not fussed on power

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Can't comment as I haven't been in one, however it would be surely less comfortable than the Liberty - that being said, would probably be nicer than the Trueno on coilovers ;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Haha yeah, anything better than the feeling of coilovers would be great :p

Having said that, I would obviously have to test drive ALL of my options on Parramatta Rd to get a good idea of what I'd be expecting in the worst conditions, then on to some side roads for the general idea of other driving conditions hahaha..

That's just me, I'm very indecisive when it comes to cars! It's a lot of money to be spending on something, I'd want to make sure it'd be just right..

The Trueno I really like, it was the best option for my situation at the time, but now that is slowly changing so I'm setting up plans for the future ideas :)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Tom.

An investment property has pretty good comfort ;)

In general, STIs are usually regarded as being a bit less hardcore than the Evo's.

I agree that the best way to find out is to test drive the cars in your day to day route.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Haha well I have a couple lined up, talking to a mortgage broker that my parents have been using this afternoon to get it all underway :) Or at least sorting it all out!

My mum just bought a second house yesterday :)

Once that is all underway, things have settled and been sorted, then I'll be looking to a new car!

The last couple of days I've been pretty dead set on a new car, it's more motivation to get my investments sorted!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Surely the Lib STi would be better on insurance than all of them?

When comparing online quotes through AAMI, my quotes were $2,200 for a WRX and only $880 for the Liberty GT?!! (Same $$ Value) Something to definitely consider ;)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I have a claim against my name, and I'm under 25.. I don't know if Shannons would insure me..? I think they have an age thing and probably wouldn't take too kindly with the claim either!

JustCar is $2300 for a 2006 Liberty STI..

G

Unregistered
would the car be garaged tom? if so. pm me ;)

*edit - i also drove my evo 6.5 as a daily for a few weeks...absolutely fine, a tad stiff, but nothing that wasnt out of the ordinary :)

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
I have a claim against my name, and I'm under 25.. I don't know if Shannons would insure me..? I think they have an age thing and probably wouldn't take too kindly with the claim either!

JustCar is $2300 for a 2006 Liberty STI..

Shannons will ensure under 25s, you will have an age excess of course (as with everyone). I'd used all my demerit points in the last 12 months and they still insured me at 24yo. Not only was their premium lower than JC, but their excess was substantially less. Give em a call, 5min could save you $500 :)

whiteleg

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
98 Legnum
Under 25 with a claim (written off car) I think your just going to have to let the insurance companies have their way with you (they do to everyone)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Hehe thanks guys :) I'll definitely give Shannons a shot! PM replied Nissy, thanks dude!!

G

Unregistered
I dont know about that...my 6.5 can turn on a 50cent coin lol. Its only 1.5turns to full lock, my legnum was shocking!
I almost had to do a 2point turn to turn around in the cul-de-sac at the end of my street!

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
A quick google gives plenty of anecdotal evidence to the contrary Nissy.

Evo 8s turning circle is 11.8m.. pretty nasty for the size of the car, and the '03 Lancer ES has a turning circle of 9.8m

G

Unregistered
as said, my 6.5 has an awesome turning circle. the other evos i dont know about.

having said that, the 6.5 has a close ratio steering rack.

Top Bottom