EVO Bonnets (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
I've done enough group buys :rolleyes:

I doubt we can save a lot of shipping costs as interstate postage won't be cheap either... anyway I would like one, Brembos turned up to fast to put them under the christmas tree so I need something else hehe! Don't need any other bits&pieces unless you can offer Cibie headlights ^^

You wanna give me your contact? :blush:

lol dont offer cibies im afraid :(.

i can give you my contact but you would be better off buying through me as i an currently in the process of buying 10 bonnets plus other stuff i can get you a cheaper price..

However it IS up to you.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Whats RRP and how much discount would you get? As I wrote in the PM, I would like to see the vented bonnet from underneath. Do you have any weights for FRP and CF? How good is that fibre reinforced plastic stuff... is it some sort of fibre glass?!

G

Unregistered
Whats RRP and how much discount would you get? As I wrote in the PM, I would like to see the vented bonnet from underneath. Do you have any weights for FRP and CF? How good is that fibre reinforced plastic stuff... is it some sort of fibre glass?!

RRP is about $550 AUD PLUS shipping and taxes (if applicable) Thats for the CF Vented one.

As to the discount I would get.... I dont know yet, depends on the size of the order.

Ill try and get photos from underneath for you.

I have no weight comparisons between the fibreglass and Carbon, all I know is they are SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than a stock facelift bonnet.

The FRP stuff is pretty good. I havnt had any complaints yet and 3ish guys in the UK have the FRP ones.

Ill keep you updated as much as I can.

Cheers

Don

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
CF evo bonnet for $550, i'd be interested in that..

how about the monster style hood? any chance with that?

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
I actually need one, these news turbos heat things up like crazy.

What about us series 1 drivers? Any cf goodness for us at that price?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
I actually need one, these news turbos heat things up like crazy.

What about us series 1 drivers? Any cf goodness for us at that price?

Doesn't matter if Series 1 or 2, they are interchangeable.

If you're in we could share shipping costs, awesome!

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
cool ur on, I think carbon black will look cool

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
I'll paint mine as the cops don't like these sort of things =)

Still waiting for Don to come back to me with photos from underneath, but I doubt that they have any metal reinforcing underneath.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
Yeah I am a little uncertain about the cop side of things, but the evos came out with these bonnets standard? Not in carbon obviously, but putting that aside I see so so many cars cruising around WA with vented bonnets.

U painting silver or black?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Might stick with silver maybe leave the intakes in cf, have a few ideas in my head but won't decide before I've it in my hands... it's also available in fibre glass, but I'm a bit concerned about it, never heard anything good about them (long term wise).

G

Unregistered
I'll paint mine as the cops don't like these sort of things =)

Still waiting for Don to come back to me with photos from underneath, but I doubt that they have any metal reinforcing underneath.

They dont come with metal reinforcing underneath.

they have all the bars in place but they are Fibreglass IIRC.

the catch mechanism at the front is metal. Ill get a photo up in the next 12 hrs.
Ok if Im getting ONE bonnet it comes out at $875AUS INCLUDING shipping to your nearest port. Taxes etc would have to paid on arrival in AUS.

If the number of bonnets required rises the part cost will drop due to sharing shipping.. Shipping is roughly $280 of that cost.

Let me know how many you want guys. Im currently trying to negotiate a bigger discount, but to be honest the biggest way you will save is by sharing shipping.

Cheers

Don

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
You only pay taxes if the item is above $1000, i.e. import duty.

Is anyone else from WA keen?

I think people from other states can get it posted via e-go for well under $100, topstage sends his for $86 anywhere in oz.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Let's get the ball rollin, $140 each isn't that bad! timmae2006 might be interested as well, I'll ask him!

That you only pay tax for items worth >$1k is wrong, I had to pay for my bumper... $30 after I told them it's just $300 worth. Looks like 10% to me! Make sure there is no invoice attached and I'll tell them the same story again =)

G

Unregistered
Starting a list :)

TomTom - CF Vented
Madhav - CF Vented

Super Splitters and side skirts are also available ;)

Cheers

Don

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Just another quick one for you Don, do they come with bonnet pins?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I just really don't like that extra little vent on the side. I like symmetry. Can you get them without the extra vent?

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Price on CVR4

SVR4 Splitters FRP £111 CF £222
SVR4 Side Skirts FRP £159 CF £317

Converted to AUD:

SVR4 Splitters FRP $200 CF $400
SVR4 Side Skirts FRP $285 CF $570