EVO, Monster, etc. aftermarket bonnet thread

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I'm not sure about that. When do you get hit with that? Over a grand?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
great.. now we're all looking for hoods locally lol

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
That's a lot of money haha I'll see how I go sourcing locally first. Might end up having to just get a regular hood

SUBTOTAL:$638.60
Shipping:$1,464.94
Taxes and Fees:$191.58
TOTAL:$2,295.12

Item weight: 25 pounds.

And....that's USD lol, carbon fibre hood on a fibreglass frame

Shipping is too expensive :(

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
SUBTOTAL:$638.60
Shipping:$1,464.94
Taxes and Fees:$191.58
TOTAL:$2,295.12

Item weight: 25 pounds.

And....that's USD lol, carbon fibre hood on a fibreglass frame

Shipping is too expensive :(
Yeah that's ridiculous! I'm in the process of trying to get prices from Speed Factory in NZ.
So far I've got $800NZ for fiberglass and $1400NZ for CF.
They said they don't provide shipping to Australia for single orders. Maybe if we buy more than one then they'll organize shipping?
I want one of these hoods soooooo bad!!

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
I'm trying to find one aswell. I emailed speedfactory.co.nz asking for a quote. "still waiting for a reply" perhaps if someone else is keen we can do a group buy and save on shipping. Unless someone knows were else I can find one?
Refer to my above post. They said they don't do single orders. Maybe a group buy is what we're looking for?

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
If you can get it over the line numbers wise, I might be tempted to grab the boot lid they also offer...

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/VIS-99-03-Galant-4D-Carbon-Fiber-Trunk-Lid-/351546724472?nav=SEARCH
Sorry I don't think I was clear enough earlier lol
That eBay link isn't where I'd be buying the hood. Was just an example of what I would be ordering from Speed Factory NZ.
We could ask if they would be able to fabricate the boot lid as well if you would like?
I may make a thread in the group buy section for this. Hopefully if we get a few people on board, it will reduce costs!

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
Luke find out what their minimum group buy will be, I think I'd just get the fibre glass one. I'm going to have it painted anyway

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Luke find out what their minimum group buy will be, I think I'd just get the fibre glass one. I'm going to have it painted anyway
Have just sent an email asking how many would need to be bought to arrange shipping.
I'll probably go for a fiber glass one too as I'll be painting mine also

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Hi guys,

Has anyone contacted these guys http://seiboncarbon.com.au/products.html?make=188&p=2&product_category=228

Address

Maximum Motorsport
Unit 3/22 Kewdale Road
Kewdale, WA 6105
Australia
Phone: 08 9458 1444 | Fax: 08 9356 1944
Email: seiboncarbon@maximummotorsport.com.au

They don't have the monster bonnet, however they do have an OEM style in Carbon as well as Evo. You would think they should also be able to get the Monster version.

Prices are shown on the web site (around $1000 AUD), however I'm not sure if shipping is on top.

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Hi guys,

Has anyone contacted these guys http://seiboncarbon.com.au/products.html?make=188&p=2&product_category=228

Address

Maximum Motorsport
Unit 3/22 Kewdale Road
Kewdale, WA 6105
Australia
Phone: 08 9458 1444 | Fax: 08 9356 1944
Email: seiboncarbon@maximummotorsport.com.au

They don't have the monster bonnet, however they do have an OEM style in Carbon as well as Evo. You would think they should also be able to get the Monster version.

Prices are shown on the web site (around $1000 AUD), however I'm not sure if shipping is on top.
Oh wow. That could take the headache out of trying to organize international shipping. I'm going to contact them and ask if they can get their hands on a monster bonnet!

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
@aiwasaki thanks man thats helpful

@lh1034, did you want to contact them or should i?
I've contacted them asking about possibly getting a monster hood and how much it would be to ship to Melbourne. Hopefully I get a reply soon. Will let you know when I do.
Wetting my pants a little finding out that this may actually work out in getting a new hood lol (y)

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
if they can't, i think evo hood would suffice. pretty sure its a good idea to have bonnet pins for CF hoods tho

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Yeah on the website it's suggested that hood pins are used. We may have a day in the near future with several Legnums filling a driveway in Melbourne installing hood pins lol

Top Bottom