lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
@Tophler just informed me that a monster hood was for sale in NSW recently. Sold a couple of weeks ago :cry:

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
@Pal109 @RicKii`` @NuffNuff
Alright guys, so Maximum Motorsport got back to me and they said that Seibon Carbon aren't able to make the monster hood unfortunately.
So a carbon fiber Evo style hood is the best option.
Just checking if you guys are still keen? Because the more that buy, the more likely the discount could be which I am still yet to ask about.

Breakdown of the retail price:
CF Evo style hood $1247
Hood pins $131.25
Shipping $150

If I can tell them that we have interest in buying 4 of them, I'm guessing they would be able to do a better price.

Are you guys okay for me to ask about this?

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Even if a discount was applied? Maybe I'll ask them what the discount is if we buy 4, 3 or 2?

Pal109

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
@lh1034
Nice work Luke!
Though for 130, are the pins already fitted? Seems steep when you see them online for 35.00 a set!

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
@lh1034
Nice work Luke!
Though for 130, are the pins already fitted? Seems steep when you see them online for 35.00 a set!
@NuffNuff asked the same question haha
Wouldn't we need to install ourselves so we can line up with a spot inside of the engine bay?
I can ask them when I email them next.
It would be a lot easier if they came already installed though...
The ones I have given a price for include a locking key.
In terms of the bonnet though, are you interested if we go ahead? I can ask for a discount for buying 3!

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
They have other hood pins without keys for $60ish

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Might I suggest you create a post in the Group Buy area of the forum to try and drum up more interest to get more people involved and to also tidy up all the information.

Pal109

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
I am still coming around to it, to be honest I am after a monster hood....
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoxXdxwgI22ZjO6M9qu-g90woYcGwZYcVKGwNhpH9SwAObB4AlFmV4g5X_jg.jpg

At a guess the bonnet will be like the right car in the image above. I am more keen on the 2nd from the left! Seems more practical for me thats all. Have we exhausted all suppliers.. maybe we could make a couple calls?

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Yeah will be the same as the one on the right. But without the vent on the passenger side.
Speed factory does a monster hood but we need to organize our own shipping from NZ.
VIS do a monster hood but shipping to Australia from the US is crazy expensive.

Speed factory would be the best option other than Seibon Carbon, but we need to figure out shipping.

Speed factory have already quoted me $800NZD for fiberglass and $1400NZD for carbon fiber. This doesn't include shipping @Pal109 what are your thoughts?

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Found this site to get goods shipped from the US. They give a rough guide is $200 for a hood, which is very reasonable. Shame USD to AUD is so bad though.

I have work colleagues in the US that might be able to help temporarily store goods if needed as well.

http://www.shiptoaus.com/suppliers.html

Pal109

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S
Well as long as it comes out towards this sort of VIS hood, ill be the happiest! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPVZqSONHc92gPZ0Wq8pEAZYmUfoBZsidusdyjHPFKVxcGFeN9E1eI_9BudA.jpg

It doesnt matter if it has the side vent for keeping the battery cool LOL :rolleyes:

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Fellas.. not sure how many times ive mentioned this before..

The USDM adtermarket hoods are slightly different to ours..

The hood latch sits too low compared t ours.. so the hood itself will sit around 10mm higher and will have that gap

For the mount at the back they were tapped with 6mm holes.. so you will need to retap this again.. easy enough but when you realize there's nothing solid behind the material, you'd think twice of installing it

lh1034

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Luke
Drive
'99 FL Legnum
レグナム
Wouldn't this suggest it is the same part though @naughtika ?
image.png

EA3A hood should fit EC5W according to this Mitsubishi part listing

aiwasaki

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Azan
Drive
S2 Legnum VR4
Isn't it recommended that hood pins are used, so you could simply remove the latch?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
That's true you could do that. I have hood pins and the latch on my monster.

Top Bottom