pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
go on, quantify that post

Turbo SSS..... Front LSD

Minimum toqrue steer in a straight line, MASSIVE, STUPID, RIDICULOUS understeer as soon as you move the wheel

Inside wheel grabs and slides the heavier front across the road. Its bad. But fun :D

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That depends on the lock up ratio, sounds like your pulsar sss had a high lock up ratio

munkywrench

Idling at the Lights
First Name
tony
Drive
legnum VR4
No body parts are interchangeable apart from the door handles and you can bolt evo wings onto galants if you make new holes.

The EVO 4 calipers are identical to the facelift calipers, and EVO 4 pads and discs are the same as all VR-4's.

The gearbox internals from all 5 speed evo 4-9 are compatible for people wanting different ratios - like me!

The transfer case in EVO4-6 is the same.

The EVO 4-9 LSD/AYC/S-AYC diffs all fit in

The EVO 4-6 brake master cylinders fit in

EVO 4-X wheels bolt straight on :D

about the gearbox internals, have you done anything to yours? if not how did you find this info? did you have one open for a comparo with an evo one? or is this info just passed on from who knows who?

sorry to push, not trying to be rude. just trying to get solid info if its available.

i think i remember reading evo gearboxes dont fit, quite. but they are so similar i wondered about aftermarket evo centre diffs, and stronger gear sets. id be more interested in that then a front lsd or ratios.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Tony, I believe several owners from NZ and UK have replaced their gearbox's gear sets with ones found from evo.. and so far they haven't said anything bad about it, in terms of breaking down or anything.. so i guess it does fit..

I'm yet to see someone install the 6-speed gear into our box.. if possible at all..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've been running an EVO 7 RS2 set of ratios for nearly two years now and another person in NZ has been running the short EVO 6 GSR ratios for about the same length of time.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i now have an Evo 4 CV joint in mine, i am getting an ABS error light so need to check it but appart from that it went in without an issue

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Yeah, the EVO box bellhousing doesn't quite mate up. There are 3 holes on the top that need to be welded & redrilled & one hole on the bottom.

G

Unregistered
does any one know of place on the sunshine coast in queenslqnd where you could get some of these evo parts eg. body kits

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm bumping this thread as I'm interested in the gear swap idea. For those who have done it or know someone who has. How different does it make the gearing? Do the revs sit much lower in fifth? How much longer is first? I would still love to see an Evo 6 speed on a VR4.

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
4g93t 4wd boxes are the same, bell housing and all,
evo gearbox rear half and gearset fits into the vr4 bell housing
4g63t valve springs are the same however the retainers and collets are different as the 4g63t's have thicker valve stems
4g93t lifters are the same.
not confirmed but im sure the 4g63 rockers are the same.
evo rs mechanical lsds fit inside the st-r open diffs and the st-r diffs fit into vr4s for mechanical rear lsd conversions
pretty sure the air conditioning pumps are the same if not similar
the shifter mechanism in the cabin is the same but the cables/linkages may be different
4g93t cam gears are the same as ours but you will need 2 sets and need to make a custom cam angle sensor pickup as on the 6a13tt is on the front exhaust cam gear.

0.02 cents

Top Bottom