Exhaust system - Group buy?

Register your genuine interest in buying an exhaust!

• Total voters

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Scott is there any chance you could take a photo of your undercarriage with the new exhaust for us? Or no way to get it up on a hoist?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
QLD fellas.. why dont we all buy in bulks? like say 5 front pipe since, that's what we need more than the cat back... then get a local shop to make us a catback system... it might end up being cheaper..

anyone?

I'd be in on that, I just cashed in all my Mrs' medicare receipts and it came to... wait for it....

$375 :D

Lee

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Count me in, though I am not in QLD, one of you blokes can send it down to me if you are short of numbers.

G

Unregistered
not sure if i missed it or not..

i assume these are mild steel, and not stainless?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Nice video you've put up there Scott. Tempted to tinker already :) I love the fact that when you start up the car it's still on 89.9FM. Same here (bit of a bizarre station, but it'll do in lieu of no CDs).

What's the standard exhaust diameter for these cars anyway?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Thanx Brad!

Ok updates. I saw Scott's car in the flesh last night and heard the exhaust. Engine revs a bit quicker as well now it's loosened up. The video doesn't do it justice... needs subs :)

G

Unregistered
Yep I'm keen on the Down Pipe.

Though need shipping to Adelaide.

G

Unregistered
i would like a full system but im in tasmania so i need to get it freighted down, any ideas on a price for shipping? if it's to much or to hard i would be interested in just the front pipe and just get someone to do the rest down here

G

Unregistered
Would you get much better performance keeping the factory cat, I thought it would be important to get a 3" high flow Cat, I got quoted to $1000 to replace from 3/4 the way down the down pipes back. He said the factory down pipes were good enough because they are such small turbos, so he was going to cut off the tee where they come togther and remake that with a design that would flow heaps better then go 3" mandrel bent from there back including a 3" high flow cat and a S/S muffler at back with 4" tip, he suggested doing it this way because to replace down pipes would have to get laser cut flanges made to do properly and would need car for about a week. Can anyone tell me what size are the factory down pipes?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Any news on this?

I got a quote this morning for a full 3" system, mild steel, mandrel bent - $2200 *gulp* or $2400 with twin cannon mufflers (split, not next to each other).

He wanted $750 for the front pipes on their own. I'm tossing up buying a Pro Shop Iida front pipe from RHDJapan which is ~$650 then buying a cat and getting the rest made up - might end up cheaper.

Lee

turboalfa

Crunching Gears
First Name
Troy
Drive
Legnum
Anything ever happen with this?

Could buy a Pro shop Iida front pipe and get somebody local to make up something similiar.

Thanks,

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Any news on this?

I got a quote this morning for a full 3" system, mild steel, mandrel bent - $2200 *gulp* or $2400 with twin cannon mufflers (split, not next to each other).

He wanted $750 for the front pipes on their own. I'm tossing up buying a Pro Shop Iida front pipe from RHDJapan which is ~$650 then buying a cat and getting the rest made up - might end up cheaper.

Lee

Lee I remember that and I was shocked... I think Ben or Nick quoted me $950 full system.. so yeah price difference was way too much..

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
04.jpg

http://www.ps-iida.co.jp/galant/galant.html

57,000 yen ? AUD $600 !

Anyone proficient in Japanese ?

They also have a brake upgrade kit and a hard pipes for the intercooler.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Yeah that's seems the going rate for dump pipes from Japan Pro Shop Iida ones are about $650 via RHDJapan.com.

Mind you my local "custom" exhaust shop wanted $750 for mild steel ones!

cheers

Lee

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Hey what happened here? I am definitely in the market for a full exhaust system (at least once my car arrives to Perth in Feb), I registered my vote, what's next?

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Mmmm that seems like a good price for the dumps from Japan. But my question is what is the cost shipped to your door? is it still worthwhile then?

Top Bottom