Performance exhaust system with low db sound

G

Unregistered
I have a 2.75 in piping setup with HKS universal exhaust on the back end.

when the first time, I really loved the sound of my exhaust. But now the sound is quite annoying especially when u cruising on the highway for example going 100 km/h. I can't stand it anymore.

Any suggestion a good low db exhaust system setup?

I was thinking of getting the supertrapp exhaust. I really like the look which not common and also the idea of tunning your exhaust by adding or subtracting the number of plate on the exhaust. But I have never heard the sound. Maybe some of you have the experience using this exhaust.

Here the supertrapp link:
www.supertrapp.com

G

Unregistered
To be honest you don't really need something like this. A good combination of muffler, chambered resonator should be more than good enough to provide good sound and free flow.

What exactly do you have on the car this moment. If you can tell us that much I can suggest a way to remedy your situation

G

Unregistered
Have u got a cannon muffler on there now ? I'm guessing its small ?

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah I would just head to an exhaust shop you can trust and they will add a hotdog or a large muffler which will reduce noise but not the flow.

I had the same problem on an rx3 I had as a kid. Fak it was annoyingly noisy... 2 hot dogs later... and it was still annoying but a lot quieter.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
cannons are noisy :p but if you already got something bigger - no idea.. 'hotdogs' aka resonators are good.. i think i have 4 in my piping :)

djb160

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Dale
Drive
Legnum VR4 "Grimace"
Nissan Leaf
Sorry to revive this but Cannons are NOT noisy themselves. Two of the quietest cars Ive heard with free flowing exhaust(s) have 5" cannons. No droning at all either.

G

Unregistered
It mainly depends on what is packed inside the muffler, the pipework does contribute a little such as a straight pipe will help to be louder compared to one with many bends.

Most of the decent brands, such as the Fujitsubo Super Legalis for our cars, I would assume, have some sort of steel mesh packing in the muffler to help quieten it down. For example my magnaflow muffler is completely straight through, but is really quiet. My brothers Evo VI has a 5" cannon and is pretty quiet too (has the little JASMA plate on it) it's full of that mesh, yet my mate with a Blitz system is noisy as all hell, his muffler is basically just a round milo tin, sounds good at full song though, but a bit much for a daily.

Top Bottom