HRC Performance Fuel Pumps - Maybe a Walbro Alternative?

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
If what the guy's spouting is correct, then it's half the price of a Walbro with twice the warranty.

Don't know if I want to be the guinea pig though

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Looks like a decent deal. Hard to say what the quality is like by just one picture? Let us know how you go.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Worth a shot at that price, how come up the top it is the GTO that is different to all the others and down the bottom the VR4 is different to all the others?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i'll buy it in my next pay... I think I've exhausted my car mod budget for this month..

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
do you actually need it? how much power do you have?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
If your engine is stock there is no need for a bigger fuel pump. Even if you have uped the boost.

It won't make your car go faster.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
do you actually need it? how much power do you have?

I dont need it.. I want to replace it :) currently doing 176kw@12-14psi..

If your engine is stock there is no need for a bigger fuel pump. Even if you have uped the boost.

It won't make your car go faster.

just getting ready... just in case.. at least I know couple of things would be ticked off the list :D

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Christian my advice stick with a Walbro, they are a much better quality pump I reckon. I got mine from an ebay seller in VIC about $125 delivered.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I have 210kW, stock pump....

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
A bigger pump is more suited if you have larger injectors but it wont hurt to put one in.

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
If you do put one in, do the regulator as well. The Mitsi factory regs are rubbish at keeping a constant pressure.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
If you do put one in, do the regulator as well. The Mitsi factory regs are rubbish at keeping a constant pressure.

yeah.. that's the plan :)

its just a pain to install the regulator on the firewall or near the strut towers.. too many hoses to stuff around with..

I've ordered a fuel rail adaptor that has female 1/8 NPT port.. add a male to male 1/8 NPT extension - which usually is around 2-3cm's then connect it with my SARD FPR... hopefully it all works out.. otherwise you'll all hear about my big fail.. lol

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Haha.

Well, I've just changed my tone on Walbro pumps. Mine shit itself today on the dyno. Its less than 18 months old & has only seen 10 months active service *rolls eyes*

So am off to Rockit Industries tomorrow morning to see what else they got.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
Haha.

Well, I've just changed my tone on Walbro pumps. Mine shit itself today on the dyno. Its less than 18 months old & has only seen 10 months active service *rolls eyes*

So am off to Rockit Industries tomorrow morning to see what else they got.

my mate a walbro in his S13 and that shit itself in about 6months! so he got the bosch 044.
after instaling the new pump his KW went from mid 150s to 205atw

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Apparently so. I had the same thing mentioned to me today from a bloke that tunes cars all day everyday. Interesting...

so it might be ok to give these HRC a shot :D

what I've read so far.. it's just the actual Walbro that goes off.. I haven't read any of the re-branded ones go off that easily..

could it be possible that they have different/independent Q/C for walbro's and ones that walbro re-brand for other companies?

Top Bottom