Fibreglass sub box

G

Unregistered
yeah i can see why you would use one sheet for bumpers ect.......just the fact that there are so many curves going to opposite way and tight corners to get into

ill have a go at using some bigger sheets of matting tomorrow night and see how i go....i ran out of disposable gloves this afternoon so i didnt quite get the 2nd layer finished
man i hate running out of gloves,you end up scrounging the fibreglass rubbish for some "good ish ones" lol

Riley

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Riley
Drive
96 Legnum vr4
any more pics of the box yet? so far it looks good!

not yet sorry ive been held up due to working away from home alot at the moment.....hopefully will get stuck into next weekend when im home

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
ok so im looking at making a moulded box for in my spare wheel and its for either 2 12's or 1 15 depending if i can get enough cubic air into the box. my last car had 4 12's but now i have a kid and his pram is huge so i cant mess around in the boot....

whats the easiest thing to use to cover stuff im applying the fibreglass too? riley used tape but im a tad lazy so if theres a quicker option id prefer that....

i have done a fair bit of fibreglassing but not like this so it should be fun. and do you think its a good idea under the floor? i know generally subs should face the back but i dont have much choice really

also would you say every layer would be approx 1mm thick? i think it wouldnt be too far off

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I like that now you have a kid and pram you have to have 2 12's or a 15...

Surely a single 12" would provide ample bass?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
My single 10 rattles the doors off... I don't know why you would want bigger???

(Its a Type-X Alpine)

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
Photo0186.jpg
Photo0200.jpg

this was my old setup, i had a 120ah battery too so my car could actually power it, and it sounded awesome(y).it looks a bit shhit cos i never got around to carpeting it. i wouldnt dream of having any loud music on when my kid is in the car dont worry about that lol. and i doubt 1 10/12 would do for me :LOL:

Photo0186.jpg
Photo0200.jpg

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I have a 12" kicker in my old car and got over it pretty quick, I dont think I will bother putting one in the VR4. Guess it just depends on what your into :)

ZEUSvsHADES

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jared
Drive
manual 97 COTY legnum
yeh i agree with you macca, but i miss the bit of oomph my stereo had when i turned it up a bit, and speakers are no substitute

Top Bottom