Fined for defects!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Guilty until proven innocent.

Gotta love how this stuff adheres to the basic principle that's meant to underpin our justice system don't you?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I was pulled over in town the other night for licence check, then they took ages to return to my car before stating my exhaust was to low to the ground. Didnt even know what car it was yet his problem was with the bend in the exhaust were it goes around the diff to the back muffler. Serious waste of time and cop looked new to his job/title.

Did you wear a fine Steve?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
They only have to suspect, it's not their job to deem unroadworthiness....that's what Regency is for.
A mate in his VII got defected the other night, got the fine to match too :(

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Inspectors at regency will be on long service leave soon due to the stress of their increased work-loads when half of Adelaide gets defected. Loose Legislations like this allow for a broad scope of interpretation by Police to do what they want...yeah exactly what I pay my taxes for...what a fucking joke.:cursing:

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
So what happens if they suspect something is unroadworthy, issue you a fine for it, you take it to be inspected and it turns out you are legal after all?
Still have to pay the fine?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Probably have to go through some headfuck series of applications to be reimbursed hah. That is a terrible system.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
there wouldnt be any reimbursement

they would just say something like 'it shouldnt have kind of looked a bit unroadworthy. Have a nice day'

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Traffic law is getting more and more out of control in this country, first the hoon laws now this fine for defects is spreading too. Wont need traffic court anymore because you'll be guilty without need of proof.

Top Bottom