For sale: my Galant...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Ahh... so THAT'S what happens when you lose a World War ...

Does Japan not have any speed bumps over there ? How the hell are those cars meant to navigate gradients ? Do they just crane them in & out of trucks for show meets etc ?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
If their car culture can be explained by losing a war, I'm starting a petition to have our armed forces disbanded.

To answer your question: air suspension, generally. Also, the ground clearance rule in Japan states that the underside of your car must be 100mm from the ground but your bodywork can be lower. So that explains why Japanese cars look better than Australian ones.

That Aristo for sale needs way more low to look REALLY good.

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
oh god not an Aristo!! :D
i personally dont like those wheels. They also look small compared to the car with that massive kit on it imo.
gotta love the nice crack in the front bar 2! :p

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
I love Aristos and a bit of dish is cool... but non-turbo and that rear spoiler? Thanks but no thanks.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah Hugh when I saw that Celsior it made me want to get another one. Awesome.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
More low is your answer to everything Tim :p What happens if they brake hard, most of them will nosedive into the ground unless the springs are amazingly stiff.
Most of them look ok except for the ones with the massive whale tails, like an old porsche wing just more hideous. The white Aristo with the black centred rims looks crazy though, wouldn't mind that car at all.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Tim, if you love that Aristo then check this Magna, lol

RearQuartershot.jpg

Sorry I am a Mitsu Nut, lol
I do have a mate here in Adelaide that has a Toyota, Celsior or Aristo, I can't remember, with a Merc front end. It was brought it out of Japan like that and it passed rego, lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I love that Diamante! It is just perfect. Have seen it and a few others before. There's a few awesome ones around.

I remember that Celsior with the Mercedes front from when it was in Japan. Cool car.

Top Bottom