For those with upgraded injectors

G

Unregistered
Im about to fab up some insulators for my new injectors but Im hoping I can cut down on the time needed. Does anyone know length of the new insulators?

If not I'll post my measurements and pics.

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
Of the OEM ones? If so ill go and measure them.

G

Unregistered
No not the oem ones. Aftermarket injectors are longer then the oem counterparts

G

Unregistered
OEM injector (left) compared to RC eng. (right) The increased length makes the oem insulators useless. FYI click here for the part # file is in PDF format

IMG00095s.jpg

G

Unregistered
On CVR4 there was somebody in Russia who doubled up the OEM spacers which gave the required clearence after grinding/cutting the lip fron one of them.

G

Unregistered
On CVR4 there was somebody in Russia who doubled up the OEM spacers which gave the required clearence after grinding/cutting the lip fron one of them.

Perfect, thanks!! I can mock that up, measure then make the cuts (y)

scientist

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Edmund Robinson
Drive
1989 Galant VR4
Are they the same size as the evo insulators?

Because those look like the injectors found on the airtrek Turbo Rs....we just swapped over the Evos insulators when we swapped injectors

G

Unregistered
Are they the same size as the evo insulators?

Because those look like the injectors found on the airtrek Turbo Rs....we just swapped over the Evos insulators when we swapped injectors

I am unsure, but I made the cuts to the copper piping and will test fit them hopefully tonight when I replace both valve cover gaskets..

G

Unregistered
The same insulator is used on many mitsubishi engines

G

Unregistered
First attempt with 30mm didnt go to well, took my own measurements and got 17.84mm sooo more cuts to come

G

Unregistered
Everything is all done, my measurements worked out nicely

IMG00192-20090918-0802.jpg

The next two photos are the finished spacers, note the oil leaks taken care of. Changed valve cover gaskets at the same time..

IMG00193-20090919-1058.jpg

IMG00194-20090919-1059.jpg

G

Unregistered
Ouch, what did they plan to make them out of ,gold

Top Bottom