Ford axes another 450 jobs

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Ford has been predicted as the next one to go after Mitsu left Oz. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
Hopefully the government will bail them out or something like that. Ford Australia should not be allowed to fail. The flow on consequences to the real economy would be pretty bad I bet.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
It is a total bloody-mindedness that has put them in this situation. An attitude that people will keep buying Falcons because they've always bought Falcons. The new Mondeo has the same interior space as the new Falcon. I know which one I'd buy.

If the government bails them out they'll just keep making uncompetitive cars!

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
It is a total bloody-mindedness that has put them in this situation. An attitude that people will keep buying Falcons because they've always bought Falcons. The new Mondeo has the same interior space as the new Falcon. I know which one I'd buy.

If the government bails them out they'll just keep making uncompetitive cars!

Well would a Mondeo be as good a cop car, taxi or tow car for heavy trailers? :banghead:

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Well would a Mondeo be as good a cop car, taxi or tow car for heavy trailers? :banghead:

Taxi - probably. The diesel ones would probably go forever and offer much lower running costs.

Can you base an entire model run on the need for a tow car? Nope.

And there are plenty of cars that would make perfectly good cop cars. I dare say a Mondeo XR5 would make a good one.

None of this is a reflection on the workers - I feel sorry for them being a victim of moronic slow moving management.

Top Bottom