forged rods and pistons

G

Unregistered
hi
can You tell me where to get such a parts for my mitsu legnum vr4 2,5 tt ? :)

thanks for help

any web shop will be good, i am from Europe :)

cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Try asking on CVR4 - if they exist, someone on there will know. But AFAIK there's no such thing... yet ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Jeebuz that's about 5 grand! Still, I'm impressed someone's doing them at all! Nice work Pete :)

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Check this thread on club VR4, got plenty of info.

Nash

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Craig
Drive
1988 Honda CRX (Series 2)
1998 FL Legnum VR-4
2012 Kia Optima Platnum
ask the guys from www.camskill.co.uk

They are really nice and will point you in the right direction. They are in the UK...

G

Unregistered
haha stroke.lol could you get pistons from another 2.5lt engine with the same dimension? eg. subaru 2.5lt or something else?
just a thought

G

Unregistered
RPW stocks and sells forged pistons and rods for the 6A13 engine. We are building a complete forged engine now as a short motor.

If your interested email me.

G

Unregistered
i dont have any money but i would love to get forged internals.

G

Unregistered
and me if brads payin.lol
i would also like to know the price as if its not a stupid amouunt i might just save my pennys.

G

Unregistered
Being a low production item, they are costly. I would have to get current pricing but the last batch we made were going for

Forged CP Pistons and rings - $1900.00
Forged conrods - $2000.00

With the way the Australian dollar is at this moment, I would have to recheck my costing on making another batch

G

Unregistered
haha stroke.lol could you get pistons from another 2.5lt engine with the same dimension? eg. subaru 2.5lt or something else?
just a thought

no, different engines use different bores and strokes to achieve the desired capacity. the pistons in my 6A13 are a completely different size to those in my old RB25DET.

they also have different tops, some with valve recesses, different shapes to suit certain head cc's, etc..

there are plently of places that make forged pistons/rods to suit any scenario, etc..

Top Bottom