fuel cut

ianturbo

Crunching Gears
First Name
ian
Drive
legnum vr4
Come on guys i get this at 11/15psi at 85/ 90 mph not good when playin with honda type r's stanard apart from hks filter and mbc !
ian

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Amen to that (pod filter)... wind down the boost juuuuust under cut. The fun part is figuring out when that actually is :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have you checked if you have any air leaks? just enough to release pressure when you're in full boost..

this happened to me before.. had the rubber hose half-assed sticking out.. why it took me a while to find out where it was.. also that it only opens up when i am on full boost

G

Unregistered
fuel cut is a bummer!
my super has it, it's such a pain!!!!
what we (well a couple of CVR4 members) have found is that my car has this fitted
DSC00667.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

yip, your eye's are telling you correct
a Toyota Boost Solenoid .. i'm kinda hoping that this is a big factor in my fuel cut issue
i did have a HKS fuel cut defender fitted but i removed it and my fuel cut problem eased of slightly.
i now only get fuel cut if i'm in 4rth or 5th gear (auto) and i kick it down a gear or two, launch it from a standing start and all is fine ;)

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
Probably not, Allot of Japanese auto makers use each others parts all the time.

if there is a part number try and see if there is a part number for the oem one and see if it matches.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
have you tried removing the restrictor inside the 2nd nipple? like this image below

boostsolenoid.jpg

image is taken from RPW.. hope Dave doesn't mind

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Hmm, this is news to me. If it wasn't raining right now, I'd check it out!

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
have you tried removing the restrictor inside the 2nd nipple? like this image below

boostsolenoid.jpg

image is taken from RPW.. hope Dave doesn't mind

interesting info i will check mine as well.
while you are down there checking this one, don't forget to check you T piece as well as this was put down as a restiction a while back.

just out of interest where did you get this info from?

RPW what is that?

EDIT:- found it "Racing Performance Works" down in Perth i think.

Davezj

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum VR-4
it's a logical thought ian.

as you are opening up the air way to allow more air through, but is opening up the air way just going to make the valve more responsive.

as i see it the boost solenoid bleeds pressure from the wastegate actuator line like a manual boost vavle into the pre turbo inlet side but not as agressive setting as you would with a manual valve which gives you the up in boost.

well thinking more about it, you would be changing the physical amount of air that would pass through the valve in the same give time that the valve was open. So as long as the ecu didn't change the open/close ratio of the valve this would increase Boost.

however the ECU should adjust this ratio to compensate. I think!

please correct me if i am wrong.

oh and ian this would make fuel cut worse, i think, as increasing boost is somthing you do not want to do.

EVR4

Crunching Gears
First Name
J-D
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Lancer
boostsolenoid.jpg

So the nipple on the top receives vacuum via the intake on the back turbo, and the bottom nipple receives Boost via the throttle body intercooler pipe?

Top Bottom