Fuel economy gauge

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Just thought I'd ask if anyone has used one of these. I know the first one it says OBDII diagnostic device, however it does a lot more than just that. There are many variations on the theme, infact the majority have the option to read fault codes and rest ECL as well.

There was a thread in here where someone hooked up a tablet to read some gauges via OBD but can't remember any results, from memory there were some issues with it.

Anyway here is a link to a few, constructive criticism welcome. BTW I have EVOscan, its not practical to have in the car with a laptop.

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/w...iagnostic_Tools/Car_OBD_II_Error_Code_Checker

https://plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=SCANKIWIMPG

http://www.scangauge.com/

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
hey Simon,

i've had a scangauge II on my Holden VE SS 6L manual for a couple of years and it was fantastic, it recorded things like trip highs and lows and averages (speed, fuel, temp, volts, oil and so on) etc and never had a fault.

when i changed from MAF to MAFLESS though, quite a few things didn't work.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Thanks for the feed back Damian, the scangague2 was the one I was leaning towards. Have you considered getting one for the Leggy?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
i think i posted on here when i first got my leggy and was advised it wouldnt work at all, so i didnt bother.(i sold mine with the SS)

i'd get one for sure if i was guaranteed it would work or had an idea on what features it might not work with

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yes I wouldn't expect all the feature to work, however its OBD2 so it "should" work. The Leggy/Galant isn't listed in the Mitsubishi section, but then again not many are.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
A lot of things that are OBD2 dont work on our cars, so i would doubt it would work.

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
I'm investing in this. Gonna replace my dash
Clock. And for about $90. It's damn cheap I reckon.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
That looks pretty good and the price isn't too bad either.

Attachments

• UKP.jpg
    UKP.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 27

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
A lot of things that are OBD2 don't work on our cars, so I would doubt it would work.

Correct, our cars use the OBD2 pin out and ISO9141-2 signalling, but the protocols and baud rate aren't standard OBD2. Ours use the MUT protocol.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Thanks for the input Bill. In that case, the 3 I listed won't work. Cheers mate(y)

Top Bottom