fujitsubo legalis super r hanging low?

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
2000 type S, Manual and Recaro's
Hi all, just wondering if any members here have the fujitsubo legalis super r exhaust, if so could they provide a few pics of how it sits on the car, mine looks to be sitting a bit low, and am not sure how to adjust if it is.

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It does actually (muffler hangs low). I'll have to dig up a pic!

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Cheers mate, I was having a look, and wondering how hard it would be to tuck it up little. Not sure it will be possible however.

G

Unregistered
Is it just the muffler or the entire system? You may need to get new rubber hangers. But my Legalis Evolution muffler hung down quite low until I got under the car with a hammer and bent the metal hanger mounts on the body up a bit, which fixed things nicely.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Yeah I think that may be the go, however I have heard that the hangers are not solid but tube steel, dad you have have any problems with that?

G

Unregistered
No problems at all. They unbolt from the car, so you might prefer to take them out and bend in a vice or something instead.

chardo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
richard
Drive
Ohh, I was talking about the hangers on the actual pipe, never thought to bent the vehicle mounted ones. I will have a look and see next time I have it up on jacks.

it's.simon

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
VR-4 Galant Type S
Also just to add, once things get tucked up it might be a bit close to body parts or other bits. You can go to an exhaust shop and get (cheap, possibly free) exhaust rubbers that are a much stiffer compound. That way your exhaust will move less and prevent it knocking against anything or rattling.

My mates s15 using the original exhaust rubbers makes the exhaust wag like a happy dogs tail. Quite funny.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Took some photos, mine hangs low but never really hit or scraped the ground so i really didnt care about trying to raise it.

Also like simon said if you tuck it to high might touch the body, but on my 7th gen galant i actually got a turbo back custom and actually sits higher than the standard without hitting/touching the body

Dunno where you wanted me to take the photos of but here :

g1-1.jpg

g2.jpg

Hope thats what you wanted .

Top Bottom