Kakimoto vs Fujitsubo

heshan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Heshan
Drive
2000 Legnum VR-4
Hey guys looking to upgrade my exhaust system and wonderi gif fujitsubo super R would've restrictive in case I want to tune it a bit hard with new front pipes and dumps.

Anyone seen 250kw with a fujitsubo in here?

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Hey guys looking to upgrade my exhaust system and wonderi gif fujitsubo super R would've restrictive in case I want to tune it a bit hard with new front pipes and dumps.

Anyone seen 250kw with a fujitsubo in here?
Not many people have gotten their cars to 250 with any exhaust. Stock turbos run out of puff at 210 on 98 and around 230 with e85

heshan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Heshan
Drive
2000 Legnum VR-4
So to hit 200+ do u think the fujitsubo's wont be the limiting factor??

Thinking of getting one down unless someone is selling one in Aus..

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
So to hit 200+ do u think the fujitsubo's wont be the limiting factor??

Thinking of getting one down unless someone is selling one in Aus..
If it's a 3inch exhaust then Don't think that will stop you but to hit 200 you will need
Good front mount like the hdi gt2
Good clutch
Fuel loop
Cop kit with come vk22 plugs
Nice 3inch exhaust
Front pipes
Hard pipe kit
Walbro Fuel pipe
And possible dump pipes

heshan

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Heshan
Drive
2000 Legnum VR-4
Yes working my way through that list. Got most of it but wanted to see a future proof 3" exhaust

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
So where is the best place to get the quieter model Fujitsubo exhaust?

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
If it's a 3inch exhaust then Don't think that will stop you but to hit 200 you will need
Good front mount like the hdi gt2
Good clutch
Fuel loop
Cop kit with come vk22 plugs
Nice 3inch exhaust
Front pipes
Hard pipe kit
Walbro Fuel pipe
And possible dump pipes

Good intercooler and exhaust are most important here. I think this has more to do with the condition of turbos. I've seen all these mods and car fails to deliver power because boost is something like 0.8 bar at redline....

If stock coils are fine all you need is colder plugs. I have been running much greater power for years and no cop...COP just costs you a lot and lets you use worn plugs. Not so sure about the necessity of hard pipes either :)

I reached about 460 hp from the crank with fujitsubo. It has these resonators that have in fact a smaller inner diameter.

Gav

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Galant
Good intercooler and exhaust are most important here. I think this has more to do with the condition of turbos. I've seen all these mods and car fails to deliver power because boost is something like 0.8 bar at redline....

If stock coils are fine all you need is colder plugs. I have been running much greater power for years and no cop...COP just costs you a lot and lets you use worn plugs. Not so sure about the necessity of hard pipes either :)

I reached about 460 hp from the crank with fujitsubo. It has these resonators that have in fact a smaller inner diameter.
you made 460hp with stock turbo's??

lateshow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lauri
Drive
TD04 Galant (Type-V)
you made 460hp with stock turbo's??

Read my thread. No they weren't stock. At that point I had however replaced the front flange of the fujitsubo catback for a real 3" flange. The resonators of this catback have an inner diameter of 2,3"... When Fujitsubo was completely stock and I had only the td04 turbos I got about 400 hp.

But that wasn't my point. IMO COP sets are not important unless proven otherwise. I changed my plugs back in 2014. After that I have driven somethin like 20 k's. They are BKR7EIX gapped to 0.65mm and everything works fine. But yes COP set looks nice ( and costs an arm and a leg) :)

A hard pipe set looks even nicer. It should at least help with the response as the big hoses aren't there anymore changing their shape. But at max flow it's tough to say do they give advantage....

I even haven't replaced the fuel loop. I think I have been running slightly leaner mixture on the front bank. I have a loop ready and waiting.

A Walbro 255 can support over 500 hp from the crank with ethanol and has proven to be the after market pump with least worries. Don't know how it is there but at least here people have had problems with other pumps.

When it comes to replacing standard dump pipes on standard turbos, i honestly don't know. I had very badly flowing dump pipes on my td04 turbos and made some improvements but the gains were very small (or my engine is finally dying). But with stock turbos those could be an issue.

Top Bottom