Kakimoto vs Fujitsubo

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Hi everyone,

What's your opinions on Kakimoto exhausts versus Fujitsubo exhausts ?

Nengun have a Kakimoto R exhaust listed on their website but I cannot find it on Kakimoto's website, all I found for EC5Ws was some sort of pipe.

Fujitsubo's Legalis Super R is my top pick at the moment, but the Kakimoto is cheaper.

Just wondering if anyone's got a Kakimoto exhaust on their VR4 & what the opinion of them is ?

Cheers,
Brad.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I think you should just take your car and these pictures in to an exhaust shop and tell them to make one:

O0132.jpg

O0131.jpg

Much better design than my Fujitsubo, that's for sure.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Sorry for the OT, but what's with all the overspray under that car???

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Paul - Looks like residue from being resprayed or something. I guess red is not its original colour. Just hope mine doesn't look like that afterwards though.

Tim - I saw those pictures earlier in the pictures thread & was wondering how they got it so much straighter as we had the car on the hoist at MEEK & there was obstructions to making it that straight. It was almost as though the nasty hook at the end of our exhaust pipe was mandatory. All the Fujitsubo's still have that hook, which was why I was trying to sourse some pics of the Kakimoto design. The straighter, the better.

An EVO6 exhaust we tried, but our fuel tanks get in the way.

I'm leaning towards custom-made now anyways. I want twin exhausts like Bradc...

G

Unregistered
When I was first looking for an exhaust I was tossing up between the Fujitsubo and Kakimoto, but unfortunately I couldn't find too much info on the Kakimoto for the VR4. The Fujitsubo is nice and has a nice sound to it:

But given how much it would cost to buy and ship the Fujitsubo here, you will probably be better off getting a custom one as Tim suggested

G

Unregistered
Hi everyone,

What's your opinions on Kakimoto exhausts versus Fujitsubo exhausts ?

Nengun have a Kakimoto R exhaust listed on their website but I cannot find it on Kakimoto's website, all I found for EC5Ws was some sort of pipe.

Fujitsubo's Legalis Super R is my top pick at the moment, but the Kakimoto is cheaper.

Just wondering if anyone's got a Kakimoto exhaust on their VR4 & what the opinion of them is ?

Cheers,
Brad.

my leggy came came with a kakimoto cat back exhaust when it arrived from japan. not rusted at all. i love the sound. its like a deep fast idle sounding exhaust that doesnt drone in you ear at all but is loud enough so everyone knows its there. i rate them extremely well. mine is 2.5 inch with a 3 inch outlet

G

Unregistered
I think you should just take your car and these pictures in to an exhaust shop and tell them to make one:

Much better design than my Fujitsubo, that's for sure.

Hey Tim

Same question to you sir, how did you score that with such straight lines...? i mean... compared to the badd a** bend in the stock?? who made it for you?

cheers

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Uhh, Tims Galant is silver, and that car is red - I dont think its Tims car at all, but just an exhaust design he likes

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Yeah the pic is out of the GALANT LEGNUM MEGA THREAD.

You could use it for an example for your local exhaust shop though.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
yea i was going to say the same thing that tims car isn't red but silver

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I resprayed it red and got lots of overspray.

Nah not my car, it is in Japan. Just using it as an example of a very good looking exhaust design. Could even be made straighter if you re-did your bumper and moved the "hole" across a bit like I did on my Silvia. You could reduce the kink that brings the muffler back square with the rear of the car.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Is it just me or does it look like that exhaust is going to be extremely low to the ground when it runs past the diff. Not really a problem seeing as the low bit is right in between the rear wheels but the police might take a disliking to it.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
IT looks like it sits flat on the ground just like the other one so I would say that it doesn't hang any lower at all.

G

Unregistered
to the guys with a little more knowledge...

Would most exhaust places be able to make a full exhaust like that?
Id get dump n front from RPW but I mean if theres a place that will create one for a little less cost... why not? :)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Any decent exhaust shop worth a pinch of shit can make an exhaust like that. They buy the mandrel bends, some straight pipe and cut/weld where required.

I dont know why people like buying off the shelf exhausts, they aren't any better, if anything custom is best as they are able to ensure correct fitment before you drive away.

G

Unregistered
Oh okay sweet thanks Lee... cuz i was thinking of scoring the fujitsubo but if I find a decent exhaust shop that wont try n rob me haha ill hit them up.. is there any advice you could give me in dealing with any of them or should they be able to do the do so to speak based on a couple of photos and looking under the car?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
That exhaust is only a cat back - it doesn't replace the cat or front pipes. So you could still get the RPW pipes and then get the cat back made.

G

Unregistered
That exhaust is only a cat back - it doesn't replace the cat or front pipes. So you could still get the RPW pipes and then get the cat back made.

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinking... the RPW front n dump have at least been used on our cars so im guna stick with what I know... and yeah just get a 3inch cat back in stainless steel

p.s
Sorry Brad. >.<

Top Bottom