G-sensor/AYC Problem

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
Some of you may know because i've been trying to solve the problem for a while but my active yaw control does not work :001_mad:. I have read the fault codes and have determined that the problem stems from ABS code 32. This is a apparently a broken signal from the g sensors (short/break) although it isnt in our code listing but does match up with ASC 32. Have checked the lines as thoroughly as i can visually and have changed the g sensors themselves aswell as the AYC ECU. And yet i am still getting the same fault code appear. :sneaky2:

Is there any methods people can think of to test the line properly or is my best bet at this point to take it to an autosparky or someone PRO???

Another interesting thing i noticed is that the handbrake light does not work either and even when i earth it making sure of a connection it still does not come on, could these be related?

Thanks for any help because i'm way out of my depth with this one and am stabbing in the dark. :D

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ok, did a bit more diagnosing today and figured if there was a short/break in the gsensor wire then me unplugging them should yield no new codes. I did this and was given 3 new codes all to do with the gsensors so i conclude from this that the gsensor connection is not the problem as i thought.

So what is ABS code 32, i cannot find it on any code list yet i'm getting it. Does anyone know how i could find out what this code is.

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Ok after doing heaps of research today the code is for the g sensors which leaves me fresh out of ideas.

Do you think Elfie would be willing to have a look at it. Want to give it to someone with experience reading faults from our cars.

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
maybe try allstar? they seemed to know what they were doing with ayc, im sure they work on lots of evos

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Yeah might have to, it's just a fair trek out for me.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
I take it youve checked all the fuses in the drivers footwell? i think if a fuse blows youll get a bunch of codes including the yaw sensor, although my recollection is a bit vague, i had a similar issue a while back.. just check them to rule it out.. in my case the problem was a shorted wire because i had put too long a screw through the passenger side centre console kick panel/cover and shorted a wire in the loom behind to ground.

wosbwm

Crunching Gears
First Name
Wayne
Drive
legnum VR4 Type S, Challenger LS, Magna Wagon, Mercedes E Class, XE Fairmont Wagon S-Pac, Renault Megane
When I had my subs custom installed we had noticed that the AYC earth wire was disconnected, so I had mitsubishi's connect it and soon as it had been done a bit of work and NOPE system shut down with no fault codes surprisingly. It just has the AYC warning light lighting up. So I leave it disconnected now wrapped in elec tape and it work's fine

Gravid

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum
My AYC warning light has just appeared on the dash today and the green bars are no longer working :( What are the first things i should be checking/doing? Could this be caused by poor slightly uneven tread on my rear tyres ?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
I'd be surprised if only slight variance in the tyres would cause it. You should look up the method to check error codes (you will short 2 pins on the ODBII port using a paperclip or similar) and look up the error code. This will hopefully isolate the possible issue a bit.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
My AYC warning light has just appeared on the dash today and the green bars are no longer working :( What are the first things i should be checking/doing? Could this be caused by poor slightly uneven tread on my rear tyres ?

uneven tire wear and pressure can cause the AYC to stop working.. also happens when you have staggered (front vs rear wheels) wheels.. this happened to me several years ago... i was running 215/55R16 Fronts and 225/50R16 Rear (or somewhere close to that)

Gravid

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum
Worked out my AYC error codes ... Iv got error 41 TPS system (short or break) and error 82 (electric pump failure). Anyone had these be for ? easy/hard to fix ?

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Pump failure code for AYC is ambiguous, it could be many things. I had that code and it turned out to be a corroded relay (nothing to do with the pump). Sometimes the pump goes, sometimes it can also be the pressure switch.

Gravid

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum
Pump failure code for AYC is ambiguous, it could be many things. I had that code and it turned out to be a corroded relay (nothing to do with the pump). Sometimes the pump goes, sometimes it can also be the pressure switch.

Ok thanks . I'm thinking it's the pump itself. My AYC is not working at all. Is the pressure switch located on the pump ? Would it cause pump failure ?

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
LoL I have recently got myself a '98 EC5W with the AYC warning light on in the dash. This is one of the things i have vowed to fix. I have read that it was a fairly common issue but i had no idea it was this difficult to diagnose. I have a ways ahead of me to get it sorted i think.

A good read though. Thanks for the info guys.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Do you hear the pump try to prime when you start driving?

If so Step one: top up fluid in ayc reservoir

REI600

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ian
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4 5 spd Manual
1996 Mazda Proceed 4x4
Project - Datsun 1600 Turbo rotary conv.
Nup. HEAPS of juices. I didn't take too much notice of what the light bars where doing when i drove it last. Next time i take it out, i'll do "something" that'll make it work and see what happens :D

If they work, faulty something else....??

Top Bottom