Galant GLS 2002

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1996 VRG Galant->1996 Galant VR4->2002 Galant GLS->1998 Galant VR4
Hey guys

I know this isnt a VR4 Galant but i'm off to Uni next year so i wont be able to afford the turbo, so i got this galant :)

Anyways, i was wondering what the life expectancy of the GLS model Galants ENGINE would be? Mine is 170,000 km at the moment and I was wondering if I should put a new set of wheels on it or if the engine is just gonna stuff out soon. I couldnt find any answers on google. If you know any info on this please let me know :) Cheers!

108875933_full.jpg

csj

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Christer
Drive
Galant Avance Estate (Eurospec Legnum) 2003
There are several Galants in the Mitsubishi Car Club of Norway that have passed 250k's with no worries, and I saw a 93-model Galant (7th gen) for sale that had rolled 533k kms.

There was also an ex-taxi for sale with 387k kms on the clock, purred like a cat and had never had any issues whatsoever.

My two cars (Galant Estate, ie. Eurospec Legnums without the goodness under the bonnet) have 206k and 165k kms on their clocks.

It all comes down to is how well the engine and transmission has been and will be maintained. With regular maintenance and service, there is really no reason why a Galant engine shouldn't be able to run 5-600k kms or even more.

(An unrelated side note/piece of trivia: when I was in the military in northern Norway, I once was in a 1971 Volvo which had been bought brand new by the owner (who still owned it), and had been driven as a taxi since day 1. When I was in the car, I commented on the low mileage - only 15000kms - to which he replied: "There are only 6 digits on the odometer, and it rolled over from 999999 about two months ago...")

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yep, the non turbo 4G63 will go forever and ever. You do NOT need to worry about the engine at all.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Uh oh! I'm at uni and my VR4 arrives soon haha now I'm worried! :p

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
haha cheers guys ! What about other maintanence on them such as transmission? Are transmissions dodgey on them like VRGs? What about water pumps, alternators etc etc ?? :)

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
Uh oh! I'm at uni and my VR4 arrives soon haha now I'm worried! :p

nah dw bout it man im full time uni and ive managed to have plenty of money for mods still, even with paying back my loan from parents every week and ive been going on a few holidays, just enjoy it. i do do all my own servicing work though

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I was working full time and I had trouble affording my VR4 haha.. Petrol, Insurance, Mods plus an expensive life style all caught up to me financially!

So kudos to anyone who can afford this on less money LOL

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
Buying some rims, super low springs and tail lights soon :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Please don't buy any aftermarket tail lights, they make the entire car look cheap and nasty!

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
you serious lol i love them o.o !

YTRY50

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive