Gauges.. need opinion please..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Hi fellas, I'm contemplating on these gauges and need your opinions.. gauges are all 52mm diameter and are all digital, the ones I'm after are oil temp (celsius), oil pressure (psi) and vacuum & boost (psi)

here are some links and pictures from ebay..

Vacuum & Boost Gauge

Oil Pressure Gauge

Oil Temp Gauge

all gauges have red digital read outs and have the black face. Finally, they all come with the sensors included with it..

opinions.. give me the good and the bad..

Attachments

• Red-Digital-large-Oil-temp-diagram.jpg
    Red-Digital-large-Oil-temp-diagram.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 263
  • Red-Digital-large-boost-diagram.jpg
    Red-Digital-large-boost-diagram.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Red-Digital-large-Oil-Press-diagram.jpg
    Red-Digital-large-Oil-Press-diagram.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 262
G

Unregistered
They look cool, i'm looking for a boost gauge on ebay also. Found a saas one that changes 4 different colours for $63 delivered

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
they look good Christian, nice and simple. Just need to find a good place to mount them, pillar styles?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Chris, that's what I'm planning on doing, but I think it's gonna cause unwanted attention, I'll try and install it on dash around the middle area..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
you could buy a din slot panel chris, it fits 3x 52mm gauges

i like em, cant comment on their quality though

G

Unregistered
So never any drama with them pauly??? they work ok??

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
I can't use DIN panels.. my HU is double DIN hence the pillar idea, but still trying to lean away from it.

if I was to use the individual pillar pods, i'd try to mount 3 as low as possible..

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Because they have a digital readout and you don't need to see the whole gauge surely the clock would be the best option?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
How about a stealth install and put them in the glove box!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
Because they have a digital readout and you don't need to see the whole gauge surely the clock would be the best option?

I'm replacing the clock with that GB Car trip computer thingy.., so it can't go in there..

I can probably try and install it where the sunglass are is.. that might be the best position at the moment, also it'll point to the drivers slightly of course..

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
I'm using the calibre style of gauges from SCA right now, love the color, quality however...

Same with these...there going to look nice...but give em a year and see how many of them work.

After forking out $250 for an AEM UEGO wideband o2 sensor and gauge I'm 100% sold. these AEM gauges are expensive as HELL but my god they are accurate and come with a sturdy warranty. Only thing is, even for a basic water temp or oil pressure gauge you are looking at $200 per gauge.

That's what I'll be getting once I secure a job so right now something is better then nothing but just trying to say, save up a bit more and buy some quality gauges that will last the test of time. these ebay ones i have major doubts on longevity.

Or, look at the Defi range of gauges from the US, again, VERY expensive but they are among the best

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Hey guys, I'm looking into gauges and need some opinions. I'm looking at either shadow pro BF gauges:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280737808409?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/280748351841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

or maybe the glowshift 7 colour or elite gauges:

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinted-7-Color-Gauge-Series.aspx
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Elite-10-color-gauges.aspx

What do you guys think? Have you guys heard much about either brand? Any other suggestions?

I'm leaning toward the shadow gauges because they have clear needles like the hi vis dash and I could probably take them apart and change the red needles to green to match my dash.

We all know Defi gauges are suppose to be the best gauges in the world and all other gauges are inferior but I don't have the cash to throw at that sort of stuff so they aren't an option.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
I've been wanting the get the glow shift one for a while I had one of there digital boost gauges and it was great nice and quick.
So that's where my vote goes plus not as much work needed to change the colour.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I need ones with a black background, white numbers and a needle that I can change the colour to green. So far I think the shadow ones are the only ones that I can find with clear needles so I should be able to do the same mod to them that I did to my dash. They also have peak hold and a warning function. I didn't think the pro sport one had that stuff?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I quite like the shadow gauges, they are simple and would match a backlit dash nicely. Ive been looking for oil and water temperature gauges, these might be the ones im after

was thinking of placing them in the cup holder in the centre console, although i like the position in one of the dins (but also like the single din pocket i have under my deck)

Top Bottom